author's note

hi.

i know it's very, very late for me to be saying this, given that my time in this fandom has long since run its course. still, it didn't seem fair to just not say anything at all.

i stopped writing on this account a long time ago, but i'd still log into it, every now and then. and, every time i did, i'd think about officially ending this book. but i couldn't bring myself to, because i still held onto the faith that i'd write something more in it.

that faith was clearly futile.

shadowhunters, both the books, and the show (mainly the show, in this case), the cast, the characters - alec and magnus, in particular, although all of them mean the world to me - brought me great comfort in times when i needed it. and they'll always have a special place in my heart - they just aren't as closely bound to me as they once were. and i can't bring myself to write stories about them anymore, i'm sorry.

i know this all seems very dramatic, given that this is just a book of one - shots, but the characters meant a lot to me, and the book meant a lot to me, despite the amateur writing. it's what made me a better writer today, and it's what gave me - and, hopefully, other people, too - one more reason to smile.

so, this is it. this is officially me saying goodbye to this book. i said goodbye to the show and the characters a long time ago, if i'm being honest, and it didn't really make much sense to hold onto a book based off of them, anymore.

i love them with all my heart, as i love all of you.

thank you for everything,
dana.