cabinet meetings

in which alec decides to get a little cheeky.

~

Normally, Magnus enjoyed the weekly Downworld Cabinet Meetings Alec had organized. Initially, they had been boring. Nothing but reporting what had happened during the week and awkward silences while they tried to make progress and failed miserably.

Now, however, things were different. All of them had struck up quite the friendship. The meetings were no longer a source of boredom and torture. Hell, they had even managed to make Raphael laugh. Which was exactly why Magnus had begun to enjoy those meetings instead of just tolerating them.

Today? Not so much.

Magnus had walked into the room with the same intentions he had every week. To let everyone know what was going on with the warlock side of the Downworld, listen to what everyone else had to say, and then let loose and have some fun for a few hours.

At least, that's what he thought he'd be doing at the meeting today. Until he saw Alec.

God forbid that Shadowhunter from ever being allowed to wear dark blue again. The minute Magnus laid eyes on him, his mind went into overdrive. And from the smirk on Alec's face, Magnus knew that Alec knew the kind of effect he was having on the warlock.

"Something wrong, Magnus?" He asked, his voice deeper and huskier than usual. Immediately, Magnus's blood began to pool south.

Biting down - hard - on his lower lip, Magnus forced himself to respond.

"No?" He didn't mean to, but the word sounded like a question. Magnus cringed at how his voice had shot up a few octaves. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"Everything is.....great."

"Okay then." Alec said, his smirk growing winder. His eyes glinted with amusement, and when Magnus saw the barely visible lust in there, he knew he was finished.

There was a reason Magnus and Alec never spent time together before the meetings, and it was this. They had showed up incredibly late once, arriving just five minutes before the meeting ended, cheeks flushed and hair ruffled. It was embarrassing, to put it lightly. Considering how it was mostly Magnus's fault.

Alec didn't wear suits very often, but when he did, Magnus could never control himself. It was worse when the suits were a few shades darker than usual, which was he had requested Alec not to wear those clothes at the meetings. Especially dark blue.

Little did he know that Alec would do just that.

"You should probably head inside." Alec said, waving his hand in front of Magnus's face. Blinking out of his stupor, Magnus nodded sheepishly and hurried inside before he could embarrass himself further. His thoughts swirled around.

Yup, thinking about why he and Alec had been late last time had definitely made everything worse.

He hobbled inside awkwardly and seated himself just on the edge of his chair, unable to find a comfortable position. He could've used a spell to just magic away his erection, but that would just make everything obvious. Maybe if he slid down in his chair just a little bit...

And then Alec seated himself opposite Magnus and hooked his ankles around Magnus's underneath the table, and any thoughts of using magic went right out the window. He couldn't even remember what the spell was anymore.

Alec's smirk still remained on his face as he began to speak. One by one, everyone joined in. Raphael, as usual, complained about how the vampires - Simon, in particular - had been annoying as hell. Magnus smiled. It was pretty evident that Raphael had a soft spot for his newest clan member, he just didn't want to show it.