11 | Inspiration

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Back in his room, Tadashi is currently slumping against his desk, banging his head against it, surrounded by crumpled up pieces of paper. The scattered balls of crumpled paper were ideas that didn't make the cut, ideas that didn't seem good enough to present at the showcase in two weeks. Ever since he got home after speaking with you, he had been sitting at his desk for hours trying to come up with an idea but so far... no luck.

Tadashi sat back in his chair sighing in deep thought as he rubbed his forehead. He stared back at his sheet of paper, something was sketched out but he decided to not continue it. Instead he took it into his hands and crumpled it into a ball before tossing it into his already overflowing wastebasket.

Just when he decided to write down another possible idea, he heard footsteps coming from the stairs leading into his room. Right on cue, Hiro came stomping up the steps with his hood up.

Tadashi smiled once he saw his little brother walk in. He gave him a short greeting and jokingly made a comment about how he beat him home this time when usually Hiro is the one who's supposed to come home before him. It was only when Hiro shrugged his shoulders and gave out a meek and disinterested 'yeah' when Tadashi realized something was wrong. His smile turned into a frown as he stood up from his desk and approached Hiro with a worried look.

"Hiro, are you okay?" Tadashi asked, standing next to him. Hiro was tinkering away on his invention, not even taking a moment to glance at him.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Hiro shrugged, but this wasn't convincing enough to Tadashi. Something was definitely wrong. Tadashi's concerns were only proven right when he saw a scratch on his right hand, it was bleeding slightly.

"Hiro you're hurt." Tadashi said, taking a hold of his hand.

"It's nothing!" Hiro shouted annoyedly. This took Tadashi by surprise when Hiro flinched away and took his hand away before turning his chair to face the other direction.

"Hiro! Let me see—" Tadashi kneeled down and turned his chair around to face him only to be shocked by what he saw. "Hiro... What happened?"

When Tadashi made Hiro face himself, he also made his hoodie fall down to reveal the damage on his face. Hiro sported a black eye, a cut on his lip, and a scratch on his knee. Hiro held a guilty expression, one where a child has just been caught telling a lie.

"Hiro." Tadashi exclaimed in worry. He gently took his chin in his hand and turned his head to the side so he could get a clearer view. "Wait right there."

"Wait!" Hiro grabbed his brother's hand once he realized Tadashi was heading downstairs. "Don't tell Aunt Cass."

"Hiro..." Tadashi gave him a knowing look.

"Please? You know how worried she gets over the tiniest of things." He pleaded.

Tadashi sighed in thought, thinking about whether or not he should let his aunt know. Looking back at his younger brother's pleading face, he sighed, and decided to not tell her... under one condition. "Okay, okay." he sighed, putting his hands up to ease his younger brother's nerves. "But you have to tell me what happened." He pointed at his brother with a serious expression.