2 | Fresh Start

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

The next day she was awoken in her cell by Gerson and was taken to his desk where she was offered some hot cocoa. It was 7:09 in the morning, Gerson had the night shift and so did his partner. His shift ended nine minutes ago but he stayed to wait for DJ to come pick up his little sister and to get the release papers ready. As if on cue, DJ entered the building.

A tall, slim man wearing a punk rock outfit appeared. He had a black spiked vest with patches stitched to the front, a black hoodie underneath the vest, ripped denim jeans, on his arms were black rubber bands and a spiked bracelet, and black studded leather sneakers. He had tattoos covering his hands, arms and neck. That wasn't what made him stand out though. What made him stand out was the neon mask; two glowing X's where the eyes should be, a toothy smile for the mouth guard, and horns attached to the top. All in all it looked like an Oni mask.

The reason he wears a neon mask is because of a birthmark he's embarrassed about, plus he thought it looked cool. After all you got made it for his birthday a year ago and ever since then he's never taken it off.

He greeted the police officers he was familiar with as he finally made it to them. He gave Gerson a quick hug and started talking to him as if he was a longtime friend which baffled Gerson's partner.

"Hey Daniel! It's been a while!" DJ said in a happy-go-lucky tone which was muffled by his mask, sounding nothing like his outer look might have shown.

"Not long enough. I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to see you two in this police station Damien." he joked back in a slightly serious tone.

"Hmm sorry about that! My sister is a little rascal. I'll be sure to have a serious conversation with her once we get back home." Damien spoke with a low tone for a moment, with a hint of anger before he reverted to his happy tone. "So where do I sign?" His sister was glaring at her brother as he just ruffled her hair. He took the papers from Gerson and signed them. Once he was done he handed them back to Gerson.

"I'm serious. I don't want to see you back in here or up to no good." Gerson scolded.

"Yes sir!" Damien saluted playfully. "Now (Y/n)." he walked up to his sister who was sitting on Gerson's chair examining her nails when suddenly he grabbed her by the ear and started dragging her out the station. "YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!"

Silence.

The whole station was in complete silence at Damien's outburst but once the two of them walked outside everyone went back to work as if the two troublemakers hadn't just made a scene a moment ago.

Gerson's partner was in complete astonishment at how everyone was reacting. Sure he was a newbie, but it looks like he still had a lot to learn.

"That was her brother!?" Gerson's partner finally spoke up from his state of frozen shock. Gerson chuckled as he gave his wide-eyed partner a pat on the back and walked away to get some coffee.