Chapter 20: Back to the Usual

Once you reached the door to your room, you opened it to see Levi sitting at his desk, doing paperwork. His eyes looked on you, and he sat up straight.

"Hello." You said innocently.

"Hi." And you frowned at his flat tone.

"What's up with the attitude?" You teased walking towards him, but paused midway through and turned around to kick your shoes off, flinging them at the door, and you could practically hear Levi's eye roll.

"Why do you feel the need to help every single person?" He stretched a bit, and leaned back in his chair. You made your way to his desk and picked up one of the papers on his desk and you hopped on the edge of his desk where you usually sat, and you started to read.

"Maybe I'm trying to compensate for their emotionless captain." You said, your back turned to him. You felt something light hit the back of your head. And you looked down at the pen that now fell to the floor.

You turned to face him, only to find him frowning at you. "Did you just throw a pen at me?"

"Yes."

You furrowed your eyes at him... "Why?"

"For saying I'm emotionless." You turned back and sat on the chair so you could face him completely.

"Fine, I'm sorry, you have emotions. You just don't know how to show them." He shrugged and pointed at the pen in your hand. You tossed it to him and he continued his work.

You watched him for a minute or two as he continued to do his work and you rolled your eyes at his pettiness. Just because you left him for a few minutes, now he's acting all cold to you.

"Do you ever think about the first time we fucked?" You smirked to yourself as you watched him cough up at what you said. "You were so gentle with me." You said after he cleared his throat. "You haven't fucked me like that in a while." You pouted.

"(Y/n)... you don't like that kind of sex." He finally dropped his pen, giving his undivided attention to you.

He's not wrong. So you just shrugged.

"That's what I thought." His eyes were still locked on you, and his face turned almost, sad. "What happened out there?"

"What do you mean?" You tried to play dumb. Not wanting to live through that moment again.

"You know what I mean." You averted your eyes. "(Y/n)?"

"Fine... I thought I was going to die a couple of times today." You finally looked in his eyes. "At one point Ekho and I were surrounded, and we really thought it was the end. I was actually... really scared. Not about dying, but..." You kept your eyes on him, his face still showing that blank face. "I was scared about you... but all of the titans just ran right past us, like we weren't even there. When I turned around I saw them running towards Eren. And once again, I thought I failed at doing what I was told, and that was to get Eren back." You took a deep breath as you tried your best not to overthink it too much. "Then I don't even know what happened, but all the titans started going after some other titan, almost as if they were protecting Eren." Levi's eyes widened.

"What did you say?"

"I don't know what Eren did, but it was like he was controlling them or something, because after it killed that titan, they suddenly jumped to where Reiner was, attacking him." Levi sat up straight, and he looked at you confused. "I will not be able to answer any questions you have about that." You answered before he could ask anything.

"Okay, fair, keep going then."

"Then we all met back at the forest and we were told to fall back and ride to the wall with Erwin. But then, one titan seemed to have gone rogue and two of the military police went after him, but one ended up getting eaten, I didn't care at first to be honest, until I saw two of the 104th recruits go in to save the other, Sasha and Connie, and then I saw four others circling in on them, so I jumped back for them. Ava tried to stop me since she saw two others in the distance approach... but they had to keep moving."