His thoughts were distracted by his phones speaker emitting the tired voice of his secretary Lucie.

"Alpha Jason?" She called out to him through the device.

"Lucie, what are you still doing here?" He said in slight shock, it was a little past ten and she should have been gone hours ago.

"I'm sorry to bother you, I was wrapping some things up and was on my way out but a call came through as I was getting ready to leave." She said stifling a yawn.

"Who is it?" He said once again checking the time and wondering who would be calling at this hour through the main pack houses line.

"It is Alpha Elizabeth from Pinecrest Pack wanting to speak with you. Should I transfer?" She asked already knowing the answer but following protocol.

"... Yes. Did she say what she wanted?" He asked, knowing that she must have received the package and was calling because of that.

"She did not. She seemed to be very quiet, not in the same disposition she was during her last call." Lucie said giving him what little information she grabbed from her initial intake of the call.

"Transfer her over, and set the calls to forward to my line until the morning, I'll be in my office for a while... And then go home. It's late." He said a slight nervousness building in his chest from her words but not showing in his voice. He was hopeful that the ring had the effect he intended for it to have, but didn't want to build himself up to be let down immensely had it not.

"Of course, alpha. Thank you. Transferring now." She said quietly.

"Alpha Jason speaking." He said firmly as he brought the glass of scotch to his lips and leaned back in his chair taking a large draw of the liquid. He kept his tone deep and authoritative, not knowing what to expect out of the call.

"...." there was silence over the line. Nothing was said.

"Hello, this is Alpha Jason speaking." He said even firmer, his words leaning as he began to wonder if there was an issue with the transfer. "Hello?"

"...J-Jason..." she said weakly over the line, her voice soft and fragile causing goosebumps to erupt all across his flesh as his ears found her tone melodic and soothing.

"Elizabeth...?" He almost breathed out her name, it being said in uncertainty as if he was not quick to believe he was speaking exclusively with her.

"Jason.. thank you." Her words softly reaching out to him behind a sniffle, her fingers rotating the ring still on her finger as tears welled in her eyes.

"You got your ring." His tone dropped and a sound of relief filled his words as he let out a deep exhale, he didn't even realize he was holding.

"Did you really mean it?" She questioned quietly, she sounded so subdued and timid, her voice having an instantaneous warming effect across his entire body and his green eyes being forced closed as he allowed the sound of her words to linger in his mind.

"Did I mean what?" He questioned back matching her low volume his tone growing softer with each word.

"D-do.. do you..." she couldn't form the words, and embarrassment forming at her own timid demeanor being evident.

"Do I what, Elizabeth?" He questioned carefully, his words prodding her along and the way his tongue rolled on her name caused her own body to form goosebumps, forcing her to nervously sip at the wine in front of her.

"Do you want to m-marry m-me?" She stumbled over her words, unable to ask him bluntly. Tears now lining her face as she felt an immense upset at the trouble she had found herself entangled in. She feeling entirely unworthy of his affection.