Chapter 1

I sat in the news van while April O'Neil was questioning some guy on the Foot attack that recently happened here, wherever we are. I wasn't really paying attention, I was on my phone. Vern Fenwick, our camera man, was impatiently waiting for April to try and get information.

April is supposed to be 'training' me to be a reporter, like her. Only she wasn't even supposed to covering the Foot story, she was supposed to be doing some workout thing. I'm her friend, Victoria. I live with her because...well let's just say I have family issues.

"O'neil we're live in thirty minutes!" I hear Vern call out to April. I plug in my headphones and tune them out. Soon April climbs in the news van, with Vern driving. I'm sitting in the middle.

"Hey!" I say when April yanks out my earphones.

"You need to pay attention! You're lucky I got you this job," she said.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't really want to be a reporter, but April says I need to get a job...other than sitting around eating pizza all day. I'm not all lazy, I have some abilities that no one except April knows about, but she'll never tell anyone. I control fire and ice. Plus, I've been trained in ninjutsu.

"We're here," Vern says. Pulling up to central New York, where trampolines are set up.

"Thank you Captain Obvious," I said, Vern glared.

"Be nice," April said. I sighed, this was going to be a long day.

April was doing her report while I 'watched' and took 'notes' of what she was doing. Soon she was over. I knew she had dreams of being a great big reporter, but right now all she did was jump on trampolines to demonstrate exercises.

"April is foam?" I asked confused. April was ranting on about how she didn't go to college to report on trampolines or something. So, Vern compared her to 'froth'.

"Yeah, the people sometimes need a little foam," Vern says. I laugh, I knew Vern likes April, but he's too much of a wimp to admit it.

"Hey, i say we go to my buddy's old restaurant downtown," Vern tries.

"We ate on the way over here," April, says

"I know that..." He says, I cut him off.

"Just leave it," I say. Then follow April.

"Where you going?" I ask her.

"To find a real story to cover," she says, hopping on her bicycle.

"See you at home," I call to her. I walk over to my motorcycle, I don't get why she doesn't catch rides with me. I'm a good driver... most of the time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sitting in my bedroom, typing up an assignment I have to turn in to the channel 6 offices, when April rushes in.

"What's wrong?" I ask her.

"I just witnessed an alleged Foot Clan attack!" She says.

I stand up, what did she do!

"What? Are you ok?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I was at the docks when I saw the Foot Clan robbing some shipping containers, but they were stopped?" She says.

"By who?" I ask.

"This guy, he was fighting back against the foot, he threw shipping containers!" She said.

"April, what were you doing down at the docks? You could have been hurt!" I yell at her.

"I need to investigate!" She says. We argue for a few more hours, until I convince her that she need to tell me when she's gonna do something stupid like that.