Chapter Ten

There were two things I was certain about, the first being Miles and I had some sort of connection to each other. The second, if I knew what was good for me, I'd stay away from him.

No matter how hard I tried to convince myself otherwise, my wolf wanted to see him again. I wanted to see him again.. But I knew that couldn't happen. I couldn't keep putting myself in danger time and time again for a mere crush.

I flopped backwards on my bed and let out a deep exhale. Operation forget about Miles was in progress.

Pulling up to school, Liam dashed over to my car door, opening it up for me. "You're alive!" He shouted ecstatically, giving me a cheesy smile when I rolled my eyes in response. "You sure caused a lot of commotion yesterday in class. The whole school is talking about your outburst," leaning in closer he whispered, "Is the river running red?"

I smacked his arm causing him to snicker. "Might I suggest having your next tussle not being in room 203 though. I can only imagine the day we are going to have today!" He said excitingly.

"Noted," I mumbled out. I wasn't thinking about my actions yesterday and how many people were in that room, but walking to the front of the school, I knew everyone had heard about it.

I had heard all sorts of rumors. I escaped from the looney bin, I was on drugs, I could snap at anytime again, ect. The wolves however knew what really happened, I lost control.

If there wasn't a target on my back before, there certainly was now. I was the rogue with temperamental issues, I was a treat to their pack. 

To make matters even worse, it didn't help that the person I attacked was one of their betas. I didn't completely understand the roles and how others view them, but I knew that was a bad move on my part.

Liam kept reassuring me I had nothing to worry about. "Calla I promise no one is going to wait in the shadows until you're all alone and then jump you." He looked in thought and rubbed his chin, "That is unless Miles orders them to.."

I shot him a look which he returned with a sheepish smile. "Don't you worry your pretty little head Calla, I'll protect you," he said, puffing out his chest.

"I'm really doomed now if that's the case," I laughed.

He gave the look a child would give you when you tell them they aren't special, "Words Calla, words." We both exchanged laughs. "Let's do something tonight!" I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"What did you have in mind Mr. Rhodes?" He thought about it for a second before a grin made its way to his lips.

"A party!" I hesitantly waited for him to continue. " Some of the other seniors are throwing a bonfire tonight."

Parties weren't really my scene and Liam knew this, however the more I thought about it, a party would be the perfect distraction from a certain someone. "Ugh, fineeee." Liam started jumping up and down like a little kid on Christmas.

"Perfect! I'll pick you up later at 10!" I have no idea what I had just gotten myself into.

Staring into my closest for the millionth time, I had no idea what to wear. This was my first ever party and to say I wasn't a little nervous was an understatement.

I finally decided on black jeans with a cute top and some booties. My phone buzzed, 'Here Sweetpea -Liam' Grabbing a leather jacket on my way out, I passed my dad sitting in the living room.

"And where are you off to?" he asked. I gave him a sheepish smile.

"Liam is taking me to a bonfire at a friend of his.." I hesitantly responded, unsure of his reaction.