Selena's birthday was a few days ago, and just like with Carl, Michonne and I were able to scavenge up a chocolate bar and some comics for her. Her face was beet red when we started to belt out Happy Birthday to her. Ah, good times.

I leaned down, grabbed a diaper and a change of baby clothes for Judith, and laid her on the bed, changing her as I got her ready for her day. She kicked and squirmed, clearly interested in everything else, but I managed. Finally, after a bit of a wrestling match, I ran a soft-bristled brush through her blonde locks and picked her up, placing another kiss on her chubby cheek.

I stepped out of the cell and turned to face Rick. He was fully dressed in a brown button-up shirt and black pants, his hands playing with a Walkman that Michonne had found a few weeks back.

"Have fun farming and slaughtering pigs," I smiled as I leaned into him. Rick flashed me one of his dazzling smiles before he leaned down and planted a soft kiss against my lips. A wolf whistle made us pull away and glare at whoever had dared to do it. Glenn and Carol were there smirking at us with their thumbs held up as they walked past us. I chuckled and looked up at Rick again, tiptoeing to place one more kiss on his lips. Judith squirmed in my arms, her face pressing against my chest and a small cry escaping her mouth.

"As if I could forget my Judy," Rick chuckled and took her from me, holding her up to place a kiss on her head before handing her back to me, "I'll see you later," I nodded at him and held the girl to me, rocking her as she buried her head into my neck.

"Let's get you to Beth," I murmured to the girl, smiling as she looked at me and flashed me a dimpled smile, "Yeah, wanna go see Aunt Beth?" Judith let out a shrill babble and buried her head in my neck again, with strings of coos and babbles escaping her mouth.

~*~

I laughed at Carol, admiring how she brushed off some of the compliments for breakfast. We stood outside with spatulas, waving and smiling at those who passed us and greeted us. We had a nice set up outside under a large wooden canopy that some men—Rick, Carl, and Glenn included—had built. It was a place where we could congregate to eat, wash, talk, and relax.

Patrick, a short boy of 14, helped Carol and me with the dishes. I watched him hunched over, occasionally pushing his big frame glasses up his nose and scrubbing the dishes hard. Behind me, I could hear the buzz of people greeting someone, realizing it was the big man himself. Daryl stalked up to us, nodding at a few people as he passed them. I watched as he and Carol smiled, her cheeks slightly reddening. I guess that was still going on. I thought Carol made it clear that she didn't feel any romantic feelings toward the man. Huh, I should talk to her again.

"Smells good," Daryl commented as he looked at the two of us. Carol squinted at the man and smiled widely, her spatula scrambling the eggs.

"Just so you know, I liked you first," She teased. Daryl rolled his eyes at her and looked at me, acknowledging me with a slight smirk.

"You know, Rick and June brought in a lot of them, too." I gave him a tight smile and drowned them out with the sizzling of the eggs. Rick and I had brought in a lot of them those first two months. We had constantly made trips back and forth from Woodbury to give those people—our people—sanctuary. Since bringing all these people in, we of the original group shot to stardom around here. Especially Daryl, Rick, and I. This new rise to 'fame' meant we had a lot more admirers, which was still strange.

"Patrick, can you come and help June?" Carol said, bringing me out of my thoughts. I looked at the two and smirked, a teasing glint in my eyes flashing at them. Patrick nodded and approached Daryl, gushing over how much he appreciated Daryl and his recent hunt with an extended hand. Holding back a laugh, I watched as Daryl licked his fingers—rather obnoxiously—and slapped his hand into Patrick's, giving it a firm shake.