Startling News

Draco stared, thinking as if this should startle him, yet sort of expected this. Why else would Remus Lupin, a teacher trained in Defense Against the Dark Arts (not Magical Creatures) who also just happens to be a werewolf (counted as a dark creature in some respects) want to talk to him?

Draco spiralled at once, if he was not a pure wizard than what was his father playing at? (He purposefully ignored his mental wince at the word 'father'). As far as the family tree was concerned -on both sides- there was no mixing of creature blood, par the Veela blood which was too far diluted to manifest anywhere. Draco Black spiralled, unaware of the silence that had fallen.

Remus Lupin stared, he stared at the young teen ahead and was not quite sure where to start. What did he tell him first? Mention his scent? No! Ridiculous! He isn't flesh, that would probably disconcert the boy. Should he comfort him? Does he want comfort? It's not as if being a Magical Being of his stature is bad, but he has just been ripped of everything he was sure of, so maybe he does want comfort?

At last his patience snapped, to hell with it! The child should know and it if it was his responsibility to tell him, so be it!

That, of course, did not change the way his voice adopted a gentler tone to it, best not to scare him off. He took in a deep breathe, settling his nerves (which became frayed so close to the full moon) and ran a hand through his disheveled hair. "Draco?" He called out, uncertain as to whether the blonde was actually on planet earth with his as of now, or if he was of in la-la-land with his own thoughts.

It seemed Lupin had been correct as, as soon as his name was called, his eyes cleared and focused (sharp as well, taking note of the familiarity of the use his first name), his body sat more upright -more at attention. It was clear he had his former students attention at last.

"I apologise Lupin, I admit you startled me. You have more to share, I assume, yes?" His voice came out with a slightly strained, shaky edge, portraying the truth to his statement. The creases between his eyebrows more prominent than before.

"Yes, you are indeed correct. There is more. I'm sure you're curious as to what you are? Who you are?" His voice masked any tone of deception, he sounded nothing, but tired. And yet he held the mysterious qualities of a certain (extremely annoying and some-might-say deceptive) headmaster.

"Lupin, you are wasting my very limited time, you'd do well to remember that?" Came the sharp retort, it was obvious now that Draco did not take well to riddles when the stakes of his identity were on the line. Well, Lupin could not blame him he supposed.

"Mr.Black." He spoke calmly (remembering the response to his last slip-up) "It seems that you are, without a doubt, an elf of the elements." He paused for a second, allowing the severity to kick in. He scented thinly concealed distress from the boy opposite him. "It does not stop there Mr.Black, it seems that you, and one other student attending the school who wishes to remain anonymous for now, are the rightful King of the Forest."

A/N: I apologise for my massive break, however the UK went into another lockdown which caused me to spiral (not a valid excuse) and i saw it fit to take care of myself more than write a fic (a valid excuse). Thank you so much for the support and hopefully I'll have new chapters for you soon.