chapter eight

Beginne am Anfang

"We did talk but I guess you just forgot that because you were-", - "- high?", Sapnap interrupted him as well.

"No, I didn't forget that. I remember everything".

Karl blushed slightly.

Sapnap saw him blushing and he took a deep breath, trying to get a correct and good sentence in his head together. Why was he that nervous? Just ask that guy, jesus.

"Why don't we just do something together?".

The taller boy's head shot up. His cheeks were getting more red every second. Oh, he'd say yes. He needed to.

"What?", he asked.

"You heard me", Sapnap answered.

Karl swallowed.

"Yeah, sorry. But what do you have in mind?", he tried to sound as relaxed as possible, even though he was freaking out in the inside at that moment.

"I don't know. You can choose if you want to", Sapnap placed his hand down on the bed and tried to lift himself up a little bit.

He groaned and hold his side.

Karl immediately turned around and placed his left hand at the boy's other side, holding him up a little bit.

"You're alright?", he asked.

"Mhm".

His lips were pressed together, trying to hold back a pathetic whimper. His whole side burned.

"It still hurts that much?".

"Yes".

"Uhm... can I see it?", Karl asked. The need to scratch his neck in embarassement was huge and he was grateful for the light that was not that bright at that moment.

Sapnap nodded and slowly turned around. His side was now facing the brunet. His heart did a flip when he felt warm fingers on his skin. They gripped his T-shirt and lifted it up carefully. Karl took a sharp breath.

"How the fuck did it got worse?", he mumbled.

"Sorry for cursing", he said and Sapnap laughed softly.

"You're cute", he thought out loud.

Karl thought his heart just stopped beating. What did he just say? He turned his face to Sapnap's, seeing that he was exactly looking back at him. After blinking a few times, Karl remembered where he was and what he wanted to do.

"Uhm...", he cleared his throat.

"Did you put the salve on?".

"Oh, yeah. I did", Sapnap answered.

"Maybe we should drive to a doctor tomorrow... I think that'd be the best idea", Karl quickly stood up and stepped a few steps back.

"Nah, I'll be fine", the boy on the bed laid back down.

Karl saw how he narrowed his eyes and how his lips had quivered.