chapter 6

"Last time I left a woman alone in this cemetery it didn't end well."

"Come on dad, I just need to talk to her in private"

"What private things? First time you got your period, she already heard about that. She knows I buy you the tampons and pads"

"Daaaadd leaaavve" I push him away.

"Okay fine. Love you babe" he kisses his hand and puts it on her grave.

. . .

"I knew I'd see you again"

I open my eyes and look up. he was wearing a hoodie, with the hood up. I couldn't see him clearly but I knew it had to be him. 

"Stalking me now David?"

"I just came to talk to her as well, I was going to tell her what I did today. I'm sorry Hayley, for everything" he says and sits down next to me.

"Sorry isn't going to fix it. Sorry is to her." I didn't take my eyes off her picture. She's so beautiful.

"You have no idea how many times I said sorry. How are you doing?"

"I think you should leave before my dad sees you. He's in the car"

"It's alright, I deserve a punch"

"Or two, or ten" I laugh and finally look at him.

"Yeah" he smiles and his blue eyes sparkle.

"I should go, he's probably wondering why I'm taking so long" I get up and he does so too.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I can leave if you want to stay longer"

"Its fine David, I know she would rather hear from you. I hope she's happy seeing us here together"

"Yeah"

"Son of a bitch!"

I look back and it's my dad walking towards us with a gun in his hand.

"Dad! What the fuck, where did you get that. Put it down before someone sees you"

"Get back in the car Hayley"

"NO!" I shout and go to grab the gun.

"Hayley, please go" David says from behind me.

"You two are fucking insane"

"I told you to not come here again, I told you if I saw you again I would kill you" he still has the gun pointed to him.

"I came to say goodbye to Holland" he sounds annoyed.

"YOU KILLED HER, its because of you she's dead David. You killed my fucking wife"

David tilts his head in confusion.

"Hayley go to the car. Let's settle this like men" he puts the gun down on the grass, takes his jacket off and puts his arms out.

"Fighting, really?" David says and looks at me.

I take a few steps away and walk around leaving them to talk it out, keeping my eyes on the gun.

David's POV

"We both have nothing else to loose, we loved the same girl now all we have is her daughter. Both of us have nothing but her" he says.

"I know she will stay with you Nyle. I came to talk to Holland, just leave and I'll be out of the country by next morning, I will never come back"

"If you come back again I will-"

"Can we not talk about death in front of Holland please, makes me fucking sick"

"Oh the word kill and die make you sick. Well you didn't fucking witness it did you brother, it was all me. I had to go through all of it, not you."

"Can you stop being such a fucking baby, let it go okay, its been over 20 years. Why don't you just go home with your daughter and call it a night"

"I'm not leaving" she starts crying.

"Then just grab the fucking gun and shoot my Nyle, do what you've been dreaming of doing all these years. Be happy, have the life you wanted. Kill me. Shoot me brother."

"If I shoot you... you'll get to see her before me" he cries even more and falls down on his knees.

"Fuck me, just get it over with come on" I sigh. I close my eyes and put my arms out in surrender.

He's right Holland, I will get to see you before him, but I know you wouldn't want anything to do with me probably. Think about it quickly, I'm coming soon love.

"I always admired you, ever since I was a kid. Then after all that I started hating you more and more. If I didn't have Hayley I would've probably killed myself, right there at the hospital, right there with Holland, my wife, my everything. But Holland's father told me to take care of Hayley just like her mother would've wanted, he said to keep my head straight and not give up. Then today, you came. When I was feeling my lowest you appeared. W-what I felt is broken. I felt like everything I had done was wrong, she's not my child, she's yours. Holland loved you when she died not me, she didn't know I was going to propose she never knew I liked her that way probably. It might have been too forward"

I open my eyes and look down at him. Why is he taking so long?

"It was always you David. I had and have nothing. Nothing is mine, everything is yours. When I saw you today... I remembered that Hayley won't be alone now that she knows I'm just her uncle."

"What are you on about Nyle? Are you drunk?"

"I love her. Both of them. I love them more than I love myself, but they're yours. I'm nothing, nothing is mine"

"Nyle, Holland isn't mine anymore, Hayley is with you. Go home Nyle"

"I'm nothing. Fucking nothing. Well, she's all yours now" he grabs the gun and points it to his head.

"Take care of her for me"

"NO!" I quickly move to grab his hand.

"DAD!" I see Hayley from the corner or my eye running towards us.  

. . . 

hiii :)
this was the last chapter. officially now. I think.  

I hope that you enjoyed this emotional roller-coaster, it was fun to jump into the story myself and leave my life behind, it helped me a lot mentally. 

I just want to make it clear; I know this is a sad story and there are a lot of deaths. I just want you to see that not everything has a happy ending.  As you saw in the story people turn their backs on you, people get hurt, some find happiness some don't. I shouldn't have made this many deaths because it may be triggering to some of you and if it was I'm so sorry. 

I hope that you are happy, if you're not that's okay too, things will get better. 

please reach out to me if you need a friend or if you just want to say something about the story. I would be so happy to talk to you. remember, you are not alone. I love you xxx ♥

any thoughts or questions?