CHAPTER •°• twenty four

Start from the beginning

Maggie folded the letter with shaky hands and smiled widely. She wanted to read it once again, but she knew there was no time.

She also wanted to immediately reply, but there was no time for that either. She smiled to herself thinking that at least now, she would have a good thing to think about during Herbology.

She needed to figure out what exactly to write to Kingsley. After all she couldn't just straight up start from telling him about this time when she was pretending to date her gay friend. That would be weird and could come out too strong.

She had to think otherwise and she also couldn't let Sirius and James help her, cause now that she thought about it, it seemed like an even worse idea to send something in lines of 'you're as hot as the Sun' to Kinglsey.

He met a goddamn president, like damn. She didn't know what she would have to do to impress him, but surely not tell him that she would like to 'fuck him' - and Sirius almost wrote that in the letter he and James created.

Maggie shook her head and quickly came to her coffer to hide the letter. She put it in her hideout - a secret anti-Virginia pocket - and closed the coffer. Then, she already wanted to run to the lesson, but at that moment the door from the bathroom opened and Douglas herself went out.

At first she seemed confused to see Maggie there, but before White could use it to run away, she got her wit back, and said.

"Oh, Maggie." She smiled at her roommate and took her bag that was laying next to the bathroom door all along. "I thought you were already on the lesson." She commented and Maggie huffed.

"Yeah well, I needed to shit." She said swiftly and Virginia frowned at that, which was, admittedly, a reasonable reaction. 

"Oh." Douglas sighed deeply and shook her head. Then, she already went to the door and Maggie thought that she was going to leave her alone.

Unluckily, she didn't get out, because just when she was about to press the handle, she hesitated. Then she turned around and glanced at Maggie, looking like she just reminded herself about something.

Maggie swore under her breath seeing this weird, smug smile that was so unfitting for someone like Virginia.

"Oh, by the way." She started, her voice almost sympathetic. "I'm sorry about Sirius." She stated and Maggie frowned.

Did something happen to Sirius that she didn't know about? But… no, she just saw him in the Great Hall, when he was talking to Remus and winked at her when noticed that she got another letter.

And Virginia went out of the Great Hall before her so it couldn't be it. But then what? 

Maggie sighed and, unable to come out with anything more sensible at the moment, asked finally.

"Why?" She tried to make her voice sound tough, but honestly it was probably more worried than tough.

"Well." Virginia laughed and Maggie frowned seeing the triumph in her eyes. "I mean, it must be awful to find out that your ex-boyfriend is gay and with another person." She paused for a better effect. "With a boy." She added and Maggie snorted.

Virginia was so dumb sometimes. Like why would she ever assume that Maggie didn't know about that? Pff.

"Suck my dick." Answered Maggie sharply, her tone mocking, as she felt that she was back in shape again. 

Virginia just raised her eyebrows on that and looked at Maggie for a while. Then, however, she finally shook her head, opened the door, and added before going out.

"Merlin, no need to be so rude." The Hufflepuff stated and loudly closed the door behind herself.

A few seconds had passed by, before Maggie sighed out with relief. Luckily, that pain in the ass was finally gone.

She glanced at her watch and only then realised that she already was late on the lesson.

She frowned. Perhaps it didn't make sense anymore to even go there. After all it was only Herbology. Sprout sometimes didn't check the attendance anyway.

And she would be able to freely write the letter to Kinglsey with no Virginia and no anyone else, really, around. And maybe even send it today.

Yes, that would be indeed a good thing to do. After all, that way she could get a reply from Kinglsey faster and she just couldn't help but feel excited about that.

She sighed out with relief and already put her bag on the floor when suddenly something snapped in her brain and she realised something.

Fuck.

She should have been sucking her own dick, not tell Virginia to suck it.

No one was supposed to know about Sirius and Remus! No one was supposed to know that Sirius was gay, that was the whole point of pretending that she was with him.

And if Virginia knew… 

If Virginia knew, then everybody knew.

Maggie swore under her breath and took her bag from the floor. Damn it, how could she miss that?

She opened the door quickly and started to run. She needed to get to Herbology, cause it was her only lesson with the Gryffindors that day.

And she had to tell Sirius immediately. Cause maybe there was still a chance that he would be able to talk to Regulus and Regulus wouldn't write to their parents.

Maggie swore under her breath again and, trying to suppress the insensible feeling of responsibility for the whole situation, ran out of the dormitory.