Stella & The Birthday Boy

Start from the beginning

"What about you Stella? It seems like you and Julius are doing a lot better now?" She asks.

I nod, "We're having a great time together. There wasn't any trouble between us before."

"So the fight at the club didn't impact your relationship at all? Who was that man Stella?" She asks.

I shake my head, "I don't know that man, he was a stranger. I have no relationship with him. And no it didn't impact our relationship at all." I clarify.

"Then what caused the fight?" She asks again.

Julius intervenes, "A disagreement between him and I, that is all."

She quirks her brow, "So the wedding is back on?"

"The wedding was never off." I reply. Gosh, these interviews were annoying.

After a medley of irrelevant questions, the reporter finally let us go, and continued to film the rest of the party. Julius and I take a seat at a table as several guests continue to pour in.

A majority of the night was spent being greeted by guests and being introduced as Julius's fiancé. My fake smile could only hold out for so long. Julius and I sigh exhaustedly before taking our seats again. "I'm tired already." Julius says as he leans back in his seat.

"Tell me about it, we've talked to like 50 people already."

"And the guest list had 500." He chuckles. My eyes widen as I look at him, "We have to greet 500 people?"

He shakes his head, "Not if we hide." He sits up from his seat before standing up and reaching his hand out for me to grab. "Come with me." I quirk my brow at him, but from the corner of my eye, I spotted Josephine walking down the staircase. I stand up and take his hand, allowing him to lead me out of the ballroom.

We were out in the hallway and we took a left turn when we noticed more guests heading in the direction of the ballroom. "Where are we going?" I ask him as he leads me down the empty hall.

He doesn't answer but instead stops in front of a door, before opening it and leading me inside. The room we entered seemed to be a storage space, as it held many stacked chairs and extra tables. "We can rest in here for a minute before going back out again." He says as he removes two of the stacked chairs and places them down.

"In a storage room?" I ask.

"If we do it at the party people will just keep approaching us." He says as he takes a seat. I shrug before taking a seat in the chair next to him. I chuckle, "Sounds like you've gotten accustomed to this."

He nods, "I hide out during my birthday party every year, it's always too much."

"Every year? I thought you liked these parties?"

He shakes his head, "My mom likes these parties. Any opportunity she has to throw a party she will. Don't get me wrong though, I love a good party. Just not when the attention is focused on me."

I nod in understanding, "So every year you hide in a storage closet?"

He chuckles, "Last year I hid on the rooftop, at least this year I'm not alone."

I frown, "Wow, I usually don't get birthday parties but you're making them sound terrible."

He quirks his eyebrow, "You've never had a birthday party?"

I shrug, "Once when I was 4, at Tony's pizzeria. But the invites didn't get sent out on time so no one came."

"Why were the invites late?" He asks.