T e n

N o a h

I can't believe Sage got a dry socket.

Not just one, but two.

It was all because of that soup last night. It had to have been that, or if she brushed her teeth and spit too aggressively.

But I know she will flip when she knows that I will have to numb the tooth. I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe Willow will have some suggestions.

I send Sage to exam room 5 and go in search for Willow, she has to be in one of the first exam rooms.

I head towards exam room 3, because she tends to be calmest in that room and if she had an early case I could only imagine that she is stressed out. And then hearing about Sage on top of that, might make her head explode. She definitely needs her calm room.

I quietly step into exam room 3, seeing my wife concentrating hard at work.

But as I walk around to her side and she shifts to dispose of a needle, I can't believe who I see sitting in the chair.

"Dr. Clemens?" I asked shocked, spooking the poor man himself.

"Ah Mr. Gray, I was wondering when I would be seeing you."

"I didn't know you were Willow's early case that she kept preparing for."

"Indeed, it is me. I'm afraid I have a cavity, and my previous dentist and colleague has retired. So I thought why not go to the Samuels."

"Well we're happy you're here." Willow said as he massaged his cheeks, trying to get the numbing to set in.

"Why are you here so early?" Willow asks me.

"Sage has dry sockets that I have to fix."

"Are you serious?" She asked as she looked at me and I shook my head no.

"Who's Sage?" Dr. Clemens asked, but you could tell the numbing was taking effect because his speech was muffled.

"Our daughter." Willow and I said synchronized.

"Wisdom?" He asked, cutting his sentences short.

"Yeah. They were just removed yesterday and she already has two."

Willow looked at me like I was crazy, knowing that she shouldn't have gotten dry sockets so easily.

"I have to go help Sage, but it was good seeing you, Dr. Clemens. And don't come into the exam room, Willow." I said, dismissing myself and going back to Sage.

Willow would not help out the situation, at all.

I have no idea how Sage is going to handle this.

S a g e

I watch the playful dogs and their owners stroll past the glimmering lake, while I sit here in this dumb clinic.

"Sage? Why aren't you in the chair?"

I didn't even hear my dad come in.

"I don't want to sit in the chair."

"Well I'm sorry munchkin, but you have to."

Why is he seeming so nice.

This is rather odd.

I cautiously walk over and sit in the chair, seeing my dad put on a mask and a set of gloves.

I felt the chair go back, and I see my dad mess with something on the counter.

I immediately closed my eyes.

If he needs me, he'll say something.

"Open, Sage."