the all nighter + drug bust

everyone else went home and aizawa waited for him at the exit.

"you okay deku?"

izuku mentally winced at that name but there was a reason he chose it, he had to have people remind him of what he really was, aizawa means the word in a different way but all izuku could think about was ka-chan saying it in his hatred filled way.

"yeah, why?"

that proved what aizawa was thinking, he wasn't being entirely honest with them. he just didnt want them to worry about him which he understood but it still didnt stop him from being a little upset about it.

"just wanted to check."

"okay? oh, by the way do you have any DVDs at your house?"

"DVDs? how outdated are you? if your asking if ive got any films then its a yes."

"great! Im going to need something to distract myself with during the all nighter, do you think we can go get popcorn or something too? me and my mom use to have popcorn when we watched a movie together!"

"sure, what flavour do you like?"

"flavour? I dont know, my mom just use to put it in the microwave."

"there's 3 flavours I know the store has, there's probably more but I'm not going any further than the corner shop. sweet, salted and toffee. take your pick."

"I dont know... I remember the flavour but I dont know which one it would be. you just pick your favourite!"

aizawa drove to his house and parked the car, he let Midoriya stay in his house alone so he could train on the dummy he had in his back garden. he walked to the corner store and no idea which one to get because he liked all of them so he just got one of each. when he got home the look on Midoriya was priceless, he was just so happy and aizawa could tell that it was genuine. although aizawa made him wait until after dinner before trying each popcorn flavour.

the first order of business was the call, they explained what the plan was and each role everyone would play. izuku knew his but it was always good to get some clarity. he had to put on an all back outfit as well as wear an earpiece which connected them onto the same channel, he would wait on a rooftop and give them updates on the situation as well as give any information to anyone when they were fighting a villain they had difficulty with. aizawa would help detain suspects as well as cancel a villans quirk if they fought back against the other pro heros or the police. the rest of the pro heros were also tasked with detaining suspects as well as fighting anyone who fought back. the entire police force and all the pro heros had to wear gas masks because they would send ms joke in first to use her quirk instantly. once the meeting was over they all just chatted for a bit until aizawa decided it was time to start on dinner and ended the call.

while aizawa made dinner izuku went back to practicing, he had a long way to go but he would do everything in his power to get there and aizawa could admire that. their dinner was pork chops with mashed potatoes, peas and carrots. Midoriya tried getting away with only eating half but aizawa was having none of that, he still looked unhealthily thin and he knew it was going to take a while until he was a healthy weight.

once dinner was finished izuku challenged aizawa to a race across the rooftops, he knew Midoriya was probably faster than him with his support item but he decided to humour him. they were out for around two hours, they occasionally took 5 minute breaks to catch their breath and to anticipate their next moves. Midoriya reached the house first, aizawa arriving a few minutes later which was especially good considering he didnt have a support item. izuku tried to refrain from using his support item to get across most the rooves as he didnt want to become too dependent on it but some jumps were too far for him, aizawa had to re-route a lot of those times and that gave izuku the edge. if Midoriya used his support item more the time gap would be bigger but he felt it would be unfair.