Deku, the slow rise and temporary fall

Izuku got home and opened his fridge, putting away all the food shinso made him take. He sat down and opened his computer, he was the fullest he'd ever been since his mom died. He saw a private chat request from eraserhead and almost died. Eraserhead wants to talk to him?! Really?! Maybe he was going to point out a mistake in his assessment or maybe even tell him to give up?!

——————————————————
Private chat
#2774 had accepted the invitation

#2774
Hello eraser head

#1209 (eraser head)
How did you know it was me

#2774
As far as I could tell there was no one else in the chat with an attitude that matched yours

#1209 (eraser head)
That makes sense.

#2774
Sorry for being so rude but why did you want to speak to me?

#1209 (eraserhead)
We never caught your name, I can't be bothered to write "mysterious analyst" every time I want to address you.

What should he put? He shouldn't put his real name otherwise they will realise that he's useless and deku...
Deku?
Deku is a perfect name, no one else knows the meaning other than himself and his school. He could have the hero's always call him useless to remind himself thats what he is!

#2774
I go by deku.

#1209 (eraser head)
Deku?

#2774
Yup! Did you just talk to me because you wanted to know my name?

#1209 (eraser head)
No. We want you to tag along on the mission.

THEY WHAT?! he couldn't, they would find out he's quirkless and hate him just like all might!

#2774
Sorry, I can't. I'm too busy.

He technically didn't lie, he did have a lot to do before the entrance exams, he wanted shinso to have the best shot at it possible.

#1209
Okay, I'll tell the detective for you, sorry to waste your time. You should probably try and finish whatever your working on.

#1209 is offline

Oh no!! Izuku didn't mean it like that!!! He really needs to apologise next time they talk...

——————————————————
He started tinkering with a new project he thought of. He had also given shinso the other notebook he had so he could write down any ideas he had for his costume or support items. When he did shinso scolded him for prioritising a notebook over food though. Once he finished for the night he decided to test out the gadget he made yesterday and see how easy it was to manoeuvre over the rooftops. He only practiced on small buildings though, once he got the hang of it he tried it on the taller ones. He was able to get a lot further and had lots of time to analyse the heros on the list present mic sent him. He finished 2 additional profiles and sent them to present mic. He still had plenty of time left but nothing to do so he decided to get an early nights sleep at midnight.

Time passed and soon it was the entrance exams. The analyst deku got a name in the underground hero community and he was never short of work. Shinso made sure izuku was eating properly and a lot of the time forced him to take the extra food he was able to get him. He was still beaten up by bakugo a lot and he didn't trust anyone but him (referring to bakugo, he still thinks of him as a friend) and his new friend shinso. He trained constantly and has become stronger than he realised. He was able to make multiple more support items such as an electric bomb which will disable the robots by supercharging them or infecting them with a virus causing them to shut down, different types of compact blades as well as a few more works in progress at home still but he knows they won't be complete in time so he focused on the ones that will help them the most.

He is still helping eraserhead and the others on the case but he's pretty sure he's figured out who is who. Now they not only talk about the case but sometimes they just all chat, it's something else that deku now has to look forward to. Little does he know that most of them have grown to really like him and think of him as a friend. But he is about to let slip something very important

——————————————————
#2774
Yeah, I have an entrance exam next week, it's so nerve wracking.

#2409 (mr brave)
YOUR A KID?!

#1753 (ms joke)
Woah! No way! That's hilarious!!! We thought you were some retired hero, not a literal kid!

#1465 (sir nighteye)
That was certainly not expected

#2762 (tsukauchi)
Woah, hold on. Your a kid?! We've been telling a kid to go watch villain battles?!

#1209 (eraser head)
And you failed to mention this how deku?

#2774
Oh! No, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to deceive you!! Really! I'm sorry! Give me time to calm down

#2774 is offline

#1209 (eraserhead)
At least we can narrow down the search, UA is the only school holding entrance exams next week. I can try to look for them.

#1672 (tsukauchi)
Your probably looking for a kid who knows who you are and is comfortable around you, it's probably the best way to go. Also look out for people with quirks that enhance their iq or have an analysis quirk, a kid could still have something like that. If you confront principal nezu about it I'm sure he would be happy to help.

#1209 is offline

#2762 (tsukauchi)
The fact their a kid doesn't really change my stance on them. I don't think we should hold it agains them. They still helped us lots with their quirk profiling skills.

#1753  (ms joke)
Yeah! They were really fun and knowing their age I just want to make sure their safe.

#2490 (mr brave)
what would happen to a kid where they know how to make property formatted business emails and how to arrange the analysis like that. Most kids would gladly reveal their identity to a hero but they didn't seem to trust us, which kind of hurt. They are too mature for about the age their meant to be.

#1465 (sir nighteye)
Yes, that is quite concerning. Maybe he is looking for a kid who is nervous around him instead then. Mr tsukauchi can you tell aizawa that please?

#2762 (tsukauchi)
Of course

#2762 is offline

#1465 is offline

#1753 is offline

#2490 is offline.
—————————————————
Midoriya screamed in to his pillow crying. He messed it up! He messes everything up. He didn't talk to anyone on the forums for the next few days, anyone who contacted him he had to tell them that he needed time off. Most people suspected that a family member died and left him to it. The people in the group chat know one of the real reasons though. He was scared. Scared of being judged for his age so they all agreed that they wouldn't tell anyone else. But what they didn't know is that he was also scared of being judged for his strength, judged for his plainness, judged for his quirklessness, scared of being judged for being useless, being judged for being deku......