Meeting Hitoshi Shinso

There was no email back from present mic, what did he expect? He was probably flooded with hundreds of emails a day. He slumped down on his mattress on the floor. He leaned back with too much force and hit his head but he just sat there, ignoring the pain. He sat there thinking.

Thinking about all might and realising that he was the reason why the villain escaped. If he hadn't grabbed onto his legs the villain wouldn't have escaped and his dream could still be alive. Midoriya started hyperventilating and couldn't calm down, he eventually passed out due to lack of oxygen but it took 10 minutes before then and he had to endure the extreme ache of his sides from breathing so quickly as well as having his thoughts seem like they turned against him somehow. Ten minutes of people telling him he was useless, ten minutes of absolute agony.

Waking up he realised he was late, but he couldn't be bothered. He called the school and impersonated his dad, saying that he was ill and couldn't go in. He sat down and looked through his computer to analyse more quirks until he heard shouting and what seemed like someone crying. He ran. He knew exactly what was happening from experience. He ran out to find a purple haired boy being bullied by a gang of 3 people, the boy was bruised and looked tired. Izuku couldn't help himself, He shouted down threatening to call the police. As expected they were cowards and ran, Midoriya instructed the kid to stay there as he ran back into his house to get all the supplies he knew he needed as well as extras. When he got down there the purple haired kid was trying to walk away, he obviously wasn't going to get very far as he collapsed from the strain a few steps later. Izuku went up to him and disinfected the wounds than proceeded to put a cream on them which would help heal the wound quicker. He put the bandage on and then helped him up to a bench where he proceeded to go through questions about where he felt pain and if he felt sick or nauseous at all. Once those were through he asked the tired purple kid what his name was.

"Hitoshi shinso, but just call me shinso. And you?"

"I- I'm izuku Midoriya, but you can just call me Midoriya"

There was an awkward silence between them, neither of them knowing what to say. Finally shinso decided to break the silence.

"Thanks by the way, I probably would have had it worse if you weren't there...."

"No problem" izuku beamed but his expression became sadder when he thought of what to say... "if you don't mind me asking... why were they hurting you?..."

There was a long pause, izuku holding his breath the entire time.

"They say I have a villainous quirk..."

"What Quirk do you have?"

Shinso looked in disbelief, usually he could tell that the person he was talking to would start to get uncomfortable but he seemed perfectly calm.

"Mind control..." he muttered, expecting his new friend to run away or something.

"Woah, that's so cool! How does it work? You could be so useful in the feild! You could help in almost any villain situation, as well you could calm the public with it or tell them to run from a situation instead of watch! Can you control multiple people at once or is it just the one? How do you activate your quirk? Do you just think about who you want to mind control and what you want them to do and they do it?"

Shinso just sat there. He did not expect that reaction at all, most people joke abit him not controlling them as they slowly edge away. Then they would usually leave and never return.

"Izuku.. why aren't you scared? I have a villain quirk..."

"Do you use your quirk for villainy?"

"No..."

"Then how is it a villain quirk? You could be an amazing hero with that quirk, you would probably be in the top 100 if you took that route!"

"Really?... you think so"

"Id bet my life on it"

The two sat in a comfortable silence, Midoriya was usually a nervous wreck around people but he understood what shinso was going through and was glad he found someone he can relate to, if only a little.

"How did you know how to treat my wounds?" Shinso said breaking the silence.

Midoriya pondered weather or not to tell him that he is bullied too and learn to clean himself up. He didn't want to ruin thing so he told the truth.

"I learned off herotube"
Although not the whole truth he didn't technically lie, shinso never asked

"why"

He jinxed it.

"I liked knowing how to help people"
Also not a lie

"Wow, you really are something special Midoriya" shinso laughed "I want to be a hero, do you think you could teach me? I really should have thought of medical care before, it could help a lot of Civilians."

"Wow, where are you applying?"

"UA"

Izuku froze, that's where he used to want to go but now he's not so sure. Maybe he could take support classes to help the hero's? At least he would be with his new friend...

"You okay Midoriya?"

And just like that he was back to reality

"Yeah..." he mumbled "I'm thinking of applying there too..."

"Cool, maybe we could be in the same hero class"

That made Midoriyas heart break. "O-oh, I'm- I'm applying for support, I- I wouldn't... I wouldn't be able to get into the hero course...." his voice was wobbly and that made shinso worry.

"How come?"

"I just don't want to be a hero" his voice was really shaky now and shinso was about to comfort him when he realises he's late for afternoon classes.

"Midoriya, meet me here later after school and we'll talk more. I'm really late and I can't miss anymore of class"

"Okay" said Midoriya, starting to have a panic attack. Luckily shinso ran on so he could get back to his apartment and cry silently there.