17: 0600

Everyone's queues were connected to the ground and they held out their hands, touching each other's shoulders, and moving in a circular motion. "Hear us please, All Mother," said Mo'at.

"Eywa, help her," replied everyone else.

"Take this spirit into you," she continued.

"Eywa, help her."

"And breather her back to us."

"Eywa, help her."

"Let her walk among us."

"Eywa, help us."

"As one of The People!"

"Eywa, help us."

Mo'at continued chanting and seemed possessed. She suddenly stopped. "It is done."

Grace woke up. But in her human body. She called for you and Jake and said, "I'm with her, she's real!" She looked up and you lost her. Mo'at checked to see if she had passed to the Avatar.

"Did it work?" asked Jake desperately.

Mo'at stopped. "Her wounds were too great. It was not enough time. She is with Eywa now." You looked down and Norm put his arm around your shoulders. Neytiri took off her mask.

Jake stood up slowly as if carrying something heavy. He faced the wide-eyed crowd and took Neytiri's hand. He then said to Tsu'tey, "with your permission, I will speak now. You would honor me by translating."

Tsu'tey nodded and you went to stand by him. "The sky people have sent us a message... that they can take whatever they want... and no one can stop them... Well, we will send them a message.... You ride out as fast as the wind can carry you..."

People started standing up and Tsu'tey looked at you, looking animated. 

Jake continued, "You tell the other clans to come...you tell them toruk makto comes to them...and you fly now with me... my brothers, sisters!... And we will show the sky people... that they cannot take whatever they want...and that this... this is our land!" You all cheered and shouted. Jake roared like usual, took Neytiri and hopped onto toruk.

Mo'at looked at you approvingly. Then Tsu'tey took your hand and you called for your ikran. Up you went, flying side by side with Tsu'tey, to call for the other clans.

You rode out to the four winds. To the horse clans of the plain, to the ikran people of the eastern sea. When toruk makto called, they came. They all came and gathered at the Tree of Souls.

There were complications though. You called Max and he told you, "It's crazy here. It's full mobilization. They're rigging the shuttle as a bomber, they've got these huge pallets of mine explosives. It's for some kind of shock-and-awe campaign."

"Frickin daisy cutter," said Trudy.

You looked at Parker and he said, "Quaritch has taken over. He's rolling, and there's no stopping him."

"When?" asked Jake.

"0600 tomorrow," answered Max. A woman started calling for him. "I gotta go." and it cut off.

Norm turned it off. "We're screwed."

"Yeah, we are," added Parker. "They have all they need at their disposal, Quaritch had me order a bunch lately and he's gonna want to use it all now."

Trudy laughed, "and I was hoping for some sort of tactical plan that didn't involve martyrdom. We're going up against gunships with bows and arrows."

Jake looked at her. "I have 15 clans out there. That's over 2,000 warriors. Now, they know these mountains. We fly them, you fly them. They don't. Their instruments won't work up here, missile tracking won't work. They'll have to fire to the line of sight."

"And if they bring the fight to us, then we have home-field advantage," you added.

"You know he's gonna commit that bomber straight to the Tree of Souls," said Trudy.

"Yeah, I know," replied Jake

"If they get to the Tree of Souls, it's over," said Norm. "that's their direct line to Eywa, their ancestors. It'll destroy them."

"Then I guess we better stop him," said Jake.