13: Crossed The Line

The next morning you ate your breakfast and nearly force fed Jake. You went into your link unit and woke up in your hammock. Tsu'tey was there like usual and said,

"Get your direhorse." You nodded and did so, meeting up with him right outside of hometree.

You went with two other hunters. You were going to hunt today. Tsu'tey tried to act as if nothing had happened, he wanted to stay loyal to Neytiri. Eventually though he watched you with a smile and even cracked a few jokes.

You rode next to him, the other two hunters behind you. They were a newly mated pair. Then you heard a horrible sound, the sound of bulldozers. The four of you ran over to see what it was, bow in hand.

You saw them destroying the tree of voices. There was fire and the once beautiful land was torn down. You let out a wail. This was a holy place, sacred and heavenly. Humans had no place there and no right to it. Anger began to bubble and you saw Tsu'tey feel the same. This was war.

"Tsu'tey will lead the war party," said Eytukan. You were back in Home Tree. You shouted war cries with the rest of them.

"Stop please!" intervened Grace, giving you a look. "This will only make it worse."

"They already did that," you replied coldly.

"You do not speak here," Tsu'tey said to Grace. He looked at the crowd. "We will strike them in the heart!" You shouted with the rest of the Na'vi once more.

"Tsu'tey!" Jake appeared behind you. He was holding Neytiri's hand. "Don't do this."

"You!" Tsu'tey approached Jake, handing his bow to you.

"Listen. Brother-" Tsu'tey cut him off and shoved him to the ground. Neytiri shouted for him to stop. A flip seemed to switch in Tsu'tey.

"You mated with this woman?" he asked. So much for loyalty. You walked up to them.

"Is this true?" asked Mo'at sternly. 

"We are mated before Eywa," answered Neytiri. "It is done."

Tsu'tey breathed in shakily and turned around. He looked at you, trying to calm down. Then Jake said, "Brother, please. Do not attack the Sky People. Many Omaticaya will die if you do."

"You are not my brother," shouted Tsu'tey. He took out a knife and leaped forward to attack Jake. You, however, caught his arm and pulled him down.

"And I am not your enemy," Jake shouted back. He threw down a knife he had apparently taken out. "The enemy is out there, and they are very powerful. I can talk to them."

"No more talk." Tsu'tey tried to attack Jake again. This time Jake punched his face and Tsu'tey fell.

"I am Omaticaya," said Jake. "I am one of you. And I have a right to speak." Tsu'tey got up, blood running down his nose. He sighed and let you wipe it off. "I have something to say. To all of you. The words are like stones in my heart."

Grace fainted and you rushed over to her. You looked up at Jake with Worried eyes, he must act quickly.

He looked for the words. "I was sent here to..." he was out.

Tsu'tey went over and held a knife to his neck. "You see. It is a demon in a false body." You ran over and the last thing you did before the lights when out was tackle Tsu'tey.

You opened your eyes and sat up. You focused on Quaritch. "What the hell?!" you said.

"Your buddy crossed the line," he replied.