Chapter One Hundred and Six - They wear the insignia of their Sect

Over the following ten days, Leon had practiced making every pill except one; the Stink pill and that was because he couldn't obtain one of the ingredients yet. That pungent flower would not blossom for another two months, therefore he would have to wait.

Otherwise, he had made four Mirage pills, three Flash pills, six Smoke pills, three Banshee's Cry pills and a single Wavering Eye Pill.  Of these last three, the Smoke pill would produce it's trick as expected; a burst of smoke would be emitted from the pill causing the eyes to itch and the breath to falter.  It's range was not great, however and as long as the attacked stepped back, they would not be effected by the smoke.  The Banshee's cry pill was supposed to produce an ear-piercing shriek for a good three seconds.  It seemed too short, but the instinct to protect one's ears would likely interfere with one's ability to fight unless one's control was just that good.  And then there was the wavering eye pill, a mild illusion pill.  It's attack could be considered the most discreet, but could also be considered to be the one with the least potential.  It would simply cause the target to see illusive images at the corners of their vision, but they would not naturally be able to catch sight of anything real.  It could capture the ignorant unaware, just likely would not effect the most focused.

These trick pills, with the exception of the mirage pills, were stored upon his person.  The mirage pills he held onto until the chance came to descend the mountain with a whole plethora of pills; he intended to visit Mr Clawse's apothecary as well as Ursam's shop to sell his pills to them.  This matter had been delayed due to the previous rest days events, Jin Li did not try to talk him out of his excursion, but would naturally travel by his side. And then they would pick up the groceries they had also been unable to purchase.

Clause welcomed him wholeheartedly, purchasing those improved One Heart Pills and improved Blood Pills without question. Actually, he had plenty of the former in stock now; this had been one of the recipes that Leon had chosen to release to the Institute, however, perhaps it was something to do with Leon's conscientious nature, but the 'improved' One Heart Pill made by other students who supplied him with pills, were somehow not as good. Therefore, those students did receive better pay than for the ordinary One Heart Pill, but it was not as much as he offered Leon each time. That and he also wished to keep good relations with the only person to supply him with improved Blood Pills. He secretly hoped Leon would soon improve other healing pills; he had no doubts that he would not, after all, was he not responsible for those other new pills on the market?

Of course those pills were combat pills which meant Clawse could only make way for that pervert.

Ursam sneezed before glancing at the many shelves and wondering if he shouldn't give them a clean. His beloved wife had gone to visit her brother and sister-in-law for a few days, leaving him to man the shop alone. He sighed, pouting inwardly, before grabbing a bucket to fill with warm soapy water and a rag. After heating the water and pouring it into his prepared bucket, he heard the bell chime from the front door of his shop, alerting him to customers, so he hurried back.

"Welcome!" He greeted the two individuals with a warm, jovial smile. "Are you looking for something specific?"

He noticed the woman first, or rather he noticed the curvy flesh that was very closely wrapped in red silk, the folds of which covered and shaped the generous mounds, but not so much that there wasn't still a feast for the wandering eye on display. The red robe was reaching down towards her knees yet with slits along each side high enough that had she not been wearing silk trousers, a second vision of smooth skin would have been on offer. As it was, the trousers left little to the imagination in terms of shape...

As Ursam dragged his eyes upward, reminding himself that he was a married man, he couldn't help but notice the embroidery upon the lower sections of the red robe. At first glance it was just a few vivid green stems of bamboo, but amongst them were a shadowy shape of a scorpion. His smile faltered and he inwardly sighed as he glanced over at the broad and muscular companion of the woman. He did enjoy the sight of muscles as much as the next open advocate of appreciating the appeal of many shapes and figures, but surely there was such a thing as going overboard. Regardless, that man's outfit matched this woman's only, he wore black silks with brazen red scorpions embroidered along the hem.

Ah, the Xie Wei Sect, he bemoaned to himself.

There were many sects in both the righteous and demonic cultivation worlds and while many sects might share similarities (in the way they operated or displayed their arrogance), there were also traits that tended to seem a unique flavour of the individual sect. For example, the Dawn Star Sect, led by that man who doted upon his daughters way too much, produced disciples that were quite laid back, but also a little on the romantic side. That didn't mean that they should be underestimated, Ursam had once fought that man's uncle to a satisfying draw, it was just something that seemed to have become written in every new disciples bones after a handful of years.

The Xie Wei Sect had an alternative flavour. In terms of strength, they were no worse nor better than the Dawn Star Sect and technically, they were also a righteous sect, but their reputation was not good. Their arrogance was blatant, their tempers while generally restrained, were deep and explosive and their actions were often seen to be unnecessarily cruel. A stab through the heart will finish a man as will stabbing him repetitively in every place but. The difference lie in how long that man suffered before death.

Ursam, however, was not concerned about the pair. He might have retired, but his cultivation had not deviated in anyway. He was far beyond their reach and ability for at least the next one or two hundred years!

They were probably unaware of this though.

"We've come about the two variant Blood Pills," the woman stated, letting Ursam know that they surely meant to be troublesome. "That 'Bursting' and 'Smouldering' Blood Pill."

"I don't quite understand," Ursam lied, smoothly. "Those two pills, aren't they purchasable only via auction houses? Unsure why yourselves have come to my humble shop to enquire."

The woman's eyes narrowed. "Ha, Sir jests unwisely. We have already investigated; those pills were arranged to be sold by auction by yourself."

Ursam inwardly sighed once more. What happened to customer confidentiality? He would complain to the Auction House's management once this matter was settled. "I'll let you know, I am but a middle-man. I'm not responsible for the creation or supply of those pills. I also cannot reveal my source. You both are wasting your time with me."

"We don't see it that way," the man flexed his arms and cracked his knuckles, only for the woman to pat his muscular arms as if appeasing his temper. Ursam gave the whole show just two stars. So outdated.

"What my companion means is that there are other ways," the woman seemed almost to purr and smile invitingly. Ursam didn't find it sexy. Having his wife's small foot connect with his face, shoving him away with it while her hands were occupied with other mundane things were much more appealing. He missed his wife. "Just sell those pills directly to my Sect. My Sect promises a fair return, your client does not have to know..."

Ursam was about to shake his head and display his strength, let them both know that they were out of their league. Force was often the only way to deal with these sorts; this is what he had told Clawse, who'd been pestered for more than a season by the Sect until they returned to their desert home for some reason. He'd kow tow to the little woman for any breakages once she returned.

Ding-ding-ding. The bell to the door rang, distracting everyone from their thoughts. Two youths entered, the shorter of which sported yin yang hair. Ursam cursed inwardly. Why would his 'client' have to show up now?