Mara put her hand on Adora's shoulder to get her to sit down again. " Honey, I know it's hard, but it's important to set healthy boundaries in relationships, okay? And I have to respect hers." Understanding but disappointed, Adora gives Mara a sad little look. Out of nowhere, Mara engulfs Adora in a big hug and kisses her cheek. " The Grayskull women are in looove!" She croons. Pushing her mom away, Adora huffs " I'm not in love."

Mara gives her a once over and hums, " Sure you're not, you got the look all over you." In horror, the blonde drags her hands over her face, like she had a giant cockroach on her face. Mara laughs at Adora and goes over to get the forgotten fruit bowl. " Yes you are, baby, and that's okay." She gives the bowl to Adora and makes her way out of the room, " Oh, and invite her over for dinner someday. I'd love to meet her. Also, get dressed, we're going to get lunch later." And she left, closing the door with her. Adora groaned and fell backward on her bed, spilling the fruit everywhere.

Fork and knife in hand, Adora stared down at her waffle with a hungry expression. " Damn kid, you make it seem like I don't feed you, " Mara said in disbelief. Adora shrugged and began to pour her syrup all over what was soon to be a sugary disaster. The two of them went to IHOP for lunch and Adora was excited, to say the least.

They never really get to hang out, she and Mara. Due to Mara working herself into the grave to provide for Adora since the breakup got rid of an extra income. After biting into her omelet, Mara looked over to Adora in hopes to get her to speak. Adora, almost done with her food, looked at her mom sheepishly, and started talking, " I haven't told you the girl's name yet." Mara sat up in interest. " Yeah, umm. Her name is Catra. And I don't know too much about her, but what I do know is that she's beautiful," Adora said quickly.

Glad to have some conversation going, Mara wiped her mouth with a napkin and spoke, " That's great sweetheart, you got any plans for Valentine's Day?" That's right. Adora almost forgot. It was in a week and she needed to have her plan ready by then. " Well, I was planning on writing her a poem, you know, as I do. And I told you how the game plan went," she looked down shyly.

Mara contemplated her answered before speaking, "Hmm, you should definitely do something tomorrow, like ask her out for Valentine's or something." The woman grabbed another bite of her omelet and started chewing. Adora thought her plan was good, if not simple, but it could work.

"Ok, mom. I'll do that. So, " the blonde wiggled her eyebrows, " Doing anything with Hope on Valentine's Day?" Mara laughed and put her hand over her face to cover the blush. " Uh, young lady! That is none of your business, " she said jokingly, swatting one of Adora's hands. Adora held up her hands in surrender, " Fine, fine! I won't pry."

She hated the bus. Why was it so foggy? And why do kids not wear deodorant anymore? Catra wanted it to be over. When she looked inside the small pouch of her backpack, Catra knew it was going to be a good day. She kept the necklace meant for Adora in there and planned to give it to her when the time was right.

Creeping up next to the school, the bus finally arrived. Catra said her thanks to the bus driver and stepped out. She needed to eat soon. When she got out of the cafeteria line for breakfast, she heard the loud booming of her friend's voice. " Hey, Wildcat!" Catra felt as if every pair of eyes in the universe just stared at her at the outburst.

She gave Scorpia a small wave as she made her way over to her. "Hey, Scorp. How you doing?" That seemed to light her up even more, " Oh, Catra I'm so glad you're alright! Your mom had us so worried-" Catra held up a hand to quiet her best friend down, " I was fine, Scorpia. My mom just likes to exaggerate the truth to make it seem like I'm so irresponsible." The girl seemed to deflate at that, " Okay, so you did come home on Friday, right?" "Yes, Scorpia." Her smile came back after that, " You were at the mall, right?" Catra would have to tell her eventually, " Yes I went to the mall on Saturday. I went to pick up a gift for... Adora." Scorpia jumped out of her seat when Catra finished her sentence. " Yes! Catra that's so great. What did you get? When will you give it to her?"