➳ Save Her ➳

Chapter Three

THEA had gotten worse in the hours that led up to sunset, and Anya didn't know what to do. With their on sight healer killed, and Nyko being four and a half hours away, Anya was forced to think outside the box. Even if Nyko were closer, Thea couldn't of made the trip across the terrain, as at every small movement she would wince.

She had sat by Thea's bedside for the majority of the day, trying and failing to come up with a plan to help the dying girl that laid beside her, almost motionless. The only thing that gave Anya hope was the slow rise and fall of Thea's chest. Without a healer, they had to rely on what little knowledge they knew and decided to cauterise her wounds, using a hot blade to burn them shut, on both her back and stomach.

That action managed to stop the bleeding, but her fever had only gotten worse in the last three hours. She would shake for minutes at a time mimicking shivering but her skin would be hot to the touch. And as the seconds ticked by, Anya only got more frustrated with herself. She knew if she didn't come up with a plan soon, Thea would die, she wasn't about to have that on her conscience.

"Jok SkaiKru-" (Fuck Sky Crew-). As the words left her mouth a lightbulb went off inside her head. She had heard from her scouts that SkaiKru had a healer, none other than Clarke Griffin, supposed leader of their people. Anya stood up, peering down at Thea, placing the palm of her hand over her cheek and stroking the skin with her fingertips. "Gonplei, Thea...gonplei." (Fight, Thea...fight).

With those last words, she left the room, striding towards where her warriors were sat mumbling amongst each other. At her arrival they all jumped to attention, meeting the eyes of their General. Gone was the tenderness she had shown just moments ago, it was replaced with a ruthless determination to get what she wanted.

And what she wanted was Clarke Griffin.

IT WAS A dangerous game to play with the lives of others, especially your own men, but Anya in that moment didn't care about anybody else's life except for Thea's. If she had to loose a couple of men to save Thea, she could have that on her conscience.

Entering SkaiKru territory was dangerous on any day, but SkaiKru had no doubt heard from the surviving skaiboy yesterday, that grounders were in the area. Meaning they would all be on high alert.

Surprisingly, however, they had captured the skaigirl known as Clarke Griffin quite easily, considering she is their only healer and the leader of SkaiKru. They had also made an additional capture of a skaiboy for insurance purposes, and injuring another of little convenience to them.

Anya had been the one to knock out the skaigirl, and through her stoic features a small gratifying smirk upturned the corners of her lips. Just to spill a small amount of SkaiKru blood was an extra boost of adrenaline that coursed through Anya's veins as they dragged the unconscious bodies back to their hideout.