.•six•.

korean literature couldn't have been anymore boring on a nice day like today

korean literature couldn't have been anymore boring on a nice day like today. the rays of sunlight trickling in from the classroom windows showered the dazed students with warmth. it felt like the holidays should've come about by now, yet they still had weeks of school left before the break.

johnny stared listlessly towards the front of the room, eyes practically drooping with how exhausted he was. staying up that late to study and reading in near-darkness was such a stupid idea, and he knew he only had himself to blame for it. the rest of his classmates who really did work hard and slept well seemed as dreary as he did, though.

peering to the window seat beside him, he noticed none other than his pretty tutor laying on his arms which were folded on his desk. his eyes were closed elegantly with the dark lashes tickling his upper-cheeks. his long, black hair fell low over his forehead and that white uniform they shared was glowing under an ethereal seeming light.

he fell asleep? the brunette cracked a small smile, half wanting to tease him for it and half being unable to blame him. it was a little cruel of the tall teenager to force the younger to stay up as late as they tended to, and perhaps it was time he grew up a bit and saw that. but admitting defeat was so annoying...

slowly, he leaned over from his own desk while the teacher had her back to the class, and he gently ran two fingers over the other's hair to see if it was really as soft as it appeared. clearly his eyes had been dead-right, for the boy was utterly perfect. ten didn't awaken from the touch, and the older considered taking him to the infirmary to let him get some proper sleep on a bed. yet in doing that he'd be waking him up....

he's fine, johnny decided, retracting his hand and proceeding to fold his arms over his own desk and rest his cheeks against them as well. he watched the thai student sleepily, blinking at a lazy speed and trying his level best not to fall asleep. it was so very difficult though, and the sun was blaring in his eyes once it emerged from its shield of clouds above.

crap, i should be paying attention, he scolded himself. but what was the point? the words being spoken at the top of the room were merely trailing in through one ear and out the other like a song on a shuffled playlist. stay....awake...

easier said than done.

eventually the bell screamed from its place in the halls, alerting all pupils that it was time to move on to another class. the screeching of chairs against floors and the chatter of kids looking forward to lunch should've been enough to wake the duo up...but it didn't. instead, one of their literature classmates came over and nudged the older's shoulder.

"hey, time for world religion," the boy insisted. "johnny, wake up..."

"mhm," the brunette batted his hand away. "too sleepy for religion."

"you can sleep through it, you just have to get there."

"sicheng, just answer my name for me and pretend i'm there." he finally shuffled out of his laying position to sit up and rub his eyes. "i am so deceased right now."

"c'mon," the other nudged him, then looked over at ten who was still unconscious and arched his brow. "pres fell asleep? how unusual."

"yeah, and i blame myself for that," the taller grimaced before reluctantly peeling himself from his seat and stepping over to deal with the ivory president. he crouched down to rest his chin on the table and stare at him up close, breathing more audibly in the silence. "ten?"

he didn't receive a response, which was to be expected. the chinese teen behind them awkwardly held onto his books and tilted his head as he watched the scene unfold.

"ten?" he repeated a little louder. "hey, i don't know what class you have next, but you're hella late."

"shhh..." the ravenette gushed while nuzzling adorably into his uniform sleeves. "sleep."

"mood. but still, time to get up."

"johnny, just go," he whined.

"it's already five minutes into the lessons," sicheng informed them and held his wrist up to show his watch. "maybe he's fine if this room isn't being used. the presidents get special treatment, after all."

"nope. if i have to get up, so does he," the brunette insisted before stretching out his arms and standing. then, startling the unsuspecting teenager, he lifted him onto his feet and rested him against the table as he kicked and protested.

"hey!"

"chill," the taller chuckled happily, squishing the younger's cheeks to annoy him and also to indulge in their soft texture. "ready to go and learn?"

"i hate you so much right now."

"mhm, so i gathered."