.•three•.

johnny was dragged without care through the darkened hallways by a boy he hardly knew

johnny was dragged without care through the darkened hallways by a boy he hardly knew. the smaller figure was stronger than he appeared, though it wasn't as if the older was putting up much of a fight. he blew his brown fringe off his forehead as he kept moving forward, wondering where it was they were headed.

"did the principal put you up to this as well?" he asked politely, attempting once to pull his hand back, though giving up when ten's grip was obviously too tight. "or perhaps you volunteered?"

"don't be so vain," the thai boy scoffed, yanking him towards the entrance to the dorms and up the staircase. "of course i was put up to this."

"great..." johnny sighed, looking around with a vacant expression as he passed bedroom after bedroom. the school liked to mix up the third, second and first years so that there wouldn't be discrimination within a set class. the two opposing uniforms kept to their own 'kind' and age was just a number.

they eventually wound up outside the beautiful bedroom of the ivory president. being a president offered a lot of perks, but it was a difficult job so some may have said it wasn't worth it. a large room he didn't have to share with anyone seemed like a pretty awesome gift to johnny.

"in," the younger instructed, having unlocked his door and was now pointing to the interior. the older wandered inside wordlessly and observed everything present. the double bed, the clean white walls, the pretty scent lingering in the air, and the desk to the side of the space with books stacked upon it. even the bathroom seemed nice from what he could view through the ajar door.

"nice," he smirked.

"i can't tell whether you're stalling or just easily distracted," ten yawned while letting the door click shut, "but either way, we are going to get some work done tonight. i've heard the basics about you from various sources, so i've prepared in advance."

the brunette furrowed his brows and reluctantly brought himself to the lengthy table with english textbooks, korean handouts and his worst enemy; history past tests.

"ew..."

"notice there's no maths," the shorter chuckled as he tapped the chair and then proceeded to lean against the desk casually. "i'm well aware you're a mathematical prodigy, and i'm also aware that you're fluent in english."

"then-"

"the curriculum isn't built on understanding of the oral and written language like it was in first year. literature is tough. poetry, novels, debating. good with those?"

no, the older inwardly groaned, flopping into the seat beside the boy and sitting back so that they could read each other's faces. "can we skip?"

"no. you'll have to be dying from blood loss due to a severed limb or fighting ebola for me to let you off a session. i don't care how stubborn you are about this, because i'm worse. wanna party all night and sleep all day? sure. after you've read the books."

johnny nodded slowly and stared listlessly at the first book on the pile. he reluctantly picked it up and opened to the first page. "i'm dyslexic."

"no you aren't, i'd have been informed, moron. don't be stupid and find the chapter on korean higher-level grammar."

"ugh, grammar? just shoot me."

"come on, johnny," ten begged. "i'm tired as well, and i'd prefer to sleep than have you in my room learning shit i've seen a hundred times. let's make this easier, yeah?"

and so they began, at first quite painfully...though it got much better the more they relaxed. the mannerisms and banter were usually comforting while doing such a chore this late at night, and both found themselves unsure of why they had been so irritable to start out.

the darkness beyond the bedroom window bled out onto the bed and carpet, so the younger of the pair blinked twice to wake up a little after an hour and trailed over to pull the blind down. it blocked off the eerie moon and her cold light, leaving only the artificial hues from the bulb above their heads to illuminate the room.

"remembering the dates is the easy part," johnny yawned as he flicked through the history textbook, "but the names are all so similar. i always end up sticking one dude's name with another's surname."

"we can work on that tomorrow then," the thai hummed before folding his arms and resting against the window's supporting wall. "you should head to bed now."

the older furrowed his brows at the news and glanced at his watch for the first time since he had started. woah, he thought, since when did it get so late?

neither had minded the session as much as they'd imagined they would, and it was strange how soon it had ended. ten assumed that the school's popular party-animal would've been a complete waste of space or a pain in the ass due to a spoiled nature...not quite this amicable and cooperative.

"I can see what you're thinking," the brunette chuckled as he started to get up and stretch, remembering he hadn't brought a thing to this lesson.

"mhm? and what's that?"

"you're shocked that i have a work ethic of some description, right?"

he's sharp, the president inwardly commented, though chose to keep it too himself since he was too proud to dish out frequent compliments, and was yet to discover the size of this boy's ego. "something along those lines, yes."

"well, i'm full of surprises," he winked before wandering towards the door and immediately dropping his voice so not to make too much noise. "i suspect you'll fall for my charms eventually. it always happens."

there it is. "psh, whatever you say. goodnight, johnny. i hope i won't have to search for you next time."

"you will, and that's the fun of it. until tomorrow," the older teenager waved once before disappearing out of the dorm room and into the hall. as ten was left alone and to his thoughts, he recapped on the happenings of that night, amazed at the adventures less than four hours had ensued. 

crazy.