Regret

Pops had furnished the apartment with everything he thought you would need though you were beginning to think that maybe he went a little overboard as the guys went through the overly large apartment that covered the entire length of the café. You had 2 bathrooms, 4 bedrooms, a large kitchen, and a large living room.

"Do you really need this much space with just you living here?" Heat questioned.

"Probably not, but I didn't exactly design it myself." You laughed. "He even had security cameras installed not just around the café but up around here too. Sometimes it feels like that old man treats me better than his sons."

"Speaking of his sons I had one stop by my place yesterday looking for you." Killer says as the three guys look at you.

"Ace got worried after my phone died last night and headed out to find me. I'm glad he did though I got caught in that rainstorm with no way to get home other than walking from the garage." You explained.

"Speaking of the garage it was a total wreck this morning when we got in. Kid didn't look to great either." Wire mentioned.

You shrugged, "It was still in good condition when I left, and it doesn't sound like Ace did anything so if there was any disarray then it had to have been done by Kid."

They nodded in agreement with your observation when a knock came at your door, going over you opened it to see the person you had just been talking about standing there. The three guys stood behind you looking between you two before you turned and smiled thanking them for all of their help this morning. They hesitantly headed out the door when you reassured them that if you needed them for any reason that you'd call. Kid walked in after they had left and stood awkwardly by the door.

"If you want to talk, we might as well at least be comfortable while we do so feel free to take a seat on one of the chairs or the couch." You said before sitting down in one of the chairs.

"I want you back." He bluntly said as he sat down and stared you down.

"Nope not happening, I told you last night that we are done."

"Give me a second chance mouse come on you know you love me."

"You're right I do love you. I won't give you a second chance though as you can see, I'm happy and I am doing just fine without you. I'm still hurting from learning you've been cheating on me, it seems like you are starting to regret what you did."

"Please mouse give me a second chance...I love you." He lowered his head in defeat you could see how much he regretted what he had done but you weren't about to let him off the hook.

You stood up and walked over to the kitchen pulling out some stuff to start baking while Kid came over to the kitchen sitting at one of the island stools watching you. Neither of you said anything while you worked on mixing together ingredients, he was amazed by how happy you looked while you were in the kitchen. He had forgotten how much he used to love sitting around watching you cook when the two of you would hang out at his house during high school, finally after putting the cookies you were working on in the oven you turned to face him.

You smiled at him, "Did you know that this entire apartment and the café that sits below it were built from the ground up just for me." He shook his head then you continued talking, "I was so excited to share that I had bought the original building and wanted to tell you all about it, but you brushed me off like I didn't even matter. I'll assume you were entertaining Bonney that night and actually I just realized that you were outside the studio that Ace and his band uses to practice that next day with her too weren't you?'

He sat there for a couple of minutes thinking, "Wait, how do you know that I was around there?' he questioned.

You turned to start taking out the first batch of cookies from the oven after removing them from the cookie sheet you put the next batch on then into the oven and turned back to Kid who watched your every move. "Ace actually shielded me from the sight that night, he kept you from being exposed right then and there."