Dinner for the Newgate House

The next morning came sooner then you would have liked, finally feeling the jet lag you had to drag yourself out of bed and into the shower. You parents were already out working around the farm when you walked outside so you grabbed the keys to your car they kept for you and headed into town. Driving around downtown you searched around looking for an empty building that appealed to you having settled on two different ones you liked you wrote down the information so you could contact the real estate agent later. After you double checked all the information to make sure it was written down correctly you headed out to find the shop the guys were working at. It was at the edge of town opposite direction of the farm you pulled up and parked off to the side next to Killers truck.

Upon exciting the vehicle you would hear Kid's voice followed by a female laughing assuming it was just a client you headed to the office to see who was all in the shop today. Heat and Wire were sitting in the front, both surprised to see you, Heat sat there staring but Wire was quickly up and giving you a hug. It seems as if all the guys around here missed your presence with wasn't much of a surprise Kid was hard enough to deal with as was but there was something about you being around that always cause him to be a little more bearable. While Wire was squeezing the life out of you Killer walked in from the back he smiled upon seeing you standing there even with the flirting that was unknown to you going on in the back.

"You keep squeezing her like that you'll end up killing her Wire." Killer spoke up causing him to let you go.

You chuckled, "Aww did you boys miss me that much? I wasn't even gone for that long!"

"Four years is a long time y/n." Heat spoke up finally, "It's good to have you back though you know how the boss can get when you aren't around."

"Speaking of Kid, where is he I know I heard him but I haven't seen him yet. Granted it isn't like Wire here let me get very far either." laughter came from the three of you while Killer just smiled.

"Hey Kid your woman is here!" Killer called out and you shot him a look.

"I'll be right there let me finish up with the client first." he yelled back.

"I never knew Kid to be so personable with the clients. I guess some things do change." you smiled close eyed happy to see a good change like this.

The guys all froze at your comment but when you didn't question it further they took it as if you didn't expect anything. Killer knew he should say something anything to protect you from the heartbreak you'd eventually under go but he was caught in-between loyalty to Kid and his need to protect you, his self adopted sister. A pink-haired woman brushed past you on her way out causing you to almost lose balance but you payed her no mind assuming she must have been in a hurry. Kid came out shortly after the woman left he said something to Killer then came over to give you a hug. Squealing from him squeezing you he let you down and you started to giggle, the guys stood around watching the interaction between the two of you hoping Kid would see he was in the wrong and change.

You offered to cook them all lunch but Heat and Wire insisted on taking you out instead. Everyone piled into one of the cars they had been working on restoring before heading into town, ultimately they opted for a small diner that you all always ate at on the weekends during high school. Once they entered they were greeted by the owners and when they saw you behind all of them they had to find out what you'd been up to and for how long you'd be back.

The guys went and took their usual table while you stood talking to the owners, making sure you weren't within hearing distance Killer spoke up, "You've got to stop this shit Kid, she's a good woman and what you are doing is going to hurt her. What will you do when she finds out?"