So Close

The two eldest Newgate boys decided to pass on the chaos they knew was bound to happen, everyone piled back into their vehicles leaving just Ace and you in his since he had driven the two of you to the café earlier. Vivi paid for a private room but when you had offered to help pay, she shut you down saying that this was her welcome home gift to you. It had been at least 4 years since you'd all been together like this and they planned on making it a night to remember.

Once everyone got into the room the guys had started to order food and drinks while the ladies started to go through the list of song options they had. You sat there laughing with everyone having a good walk down memory lane as they recalled the last time you went to karaoke with them. You had always avoided going back in high school because you would go hang out with Kid and Killer those nights or you'd go home so you could help your parents on the farm the next morning. The look on their faces the first time they heard you sing was hilarious, it had surprised everyone except Luffy, Ace, and Sabo who all had heard you sing at their house while you were learning to cook from Thatch.

"You know they are going to expect us to sing together at least, once right?" Ace said sitting next to you after you had moved away from the group of girls.

"I'd be surprised if they didn't, but I don't mind I've always enjoyed our duets." You smiled a heart-warming smile at him which caused a blush you didn't miss. "Aww did you just blush!" you leaned in closer to him to get a good look at his pink dusted cheeks.

He turned his head to look away from you trying to hide the blush that was only getting brighter by your sudden closeness. "N-No, a tomboy like you could never make me blush it's just umm warm in here." When the words left his lips your heart immediately sank at the reminder that he would never be interested in you.

Robin and Nami sat back watching the interaction between you two and had decided to hatch a plan, they looked through the book and found a perfect duet for you two. Before they queued it up though they had asked if it was okay for them to pick something out a duet for you when you both simply nodded your heads they quickly added it to the list so neither of you could changed your minds. Shortly after they had asked you excused yourself to go to the bathroom and once you were gone Sabo made his way over to his brother with a couple of questions.

"What happened her mood did a 180 shortly after you sat next to her, did you say something stupid again?'

Ace took his hat off and ran his hand through his hair before responding, "I'm an idiot she caught me blushing and when she mentioned it, I told her that a tomboy like her could never make me blush."

"You really are an idiot that poor girl." Koala comments. "You'll lose your chance to win her heart if you keep acting like this."

When you walked back into the room though the conversation abruptly ended, and Koala grabbed you dragging you back over to the rest of the girls. Ace watched you smile and laugh while the group of you would joke around in between the singing and he couldn't help but smile as well.

As the night continued on the girls got more into their gossiping mood which was something that never really did appeal to you, so you got up and headed back over to Ace once you sat down next to him you realized he was staring at you.

"What do I have something on my face?" you questioned.

Ace rubbed the back of his neck, "No it's just sometimes I forget how stunning you are. You tend to really stand out no matter where you are, especially when you are happy, you just kind of glow."

You stared at him in shock like he had just grown an extra head, "Who are you and what did you do with the real Ace?"

"I'm serious y/n, and I'm sorry for how I reacted earlier I shouldn't have said what I did and I just wanted to say that...."