Wattpad Exclusive Bonus Chapter.

Noah POV.

I stand bouncing on my heels flicking at the corner of the paper boarding pass in my hands. It was my first time leaving the country, third time on a plane and it is with my girlfriend's family. Bethan was taking me to her home town for our senior year spring break and she has not stopped talking about it since I agreed.

I wipe my palms against my jeans (which Bethan insisted I wore instead of my regular joggers,) and look around the terminal. Timmy has been pushing himself around the row of seat on his fire truck for the past ten minutes, weaving himself around the crowd of people jet setting away for the break, waiting for a tannoy to announce their flight.

Bethan is sat down in front of me, her legs wrapped up against the arm rests either side of her as she scrolled on her phone, headphones tucked under her messy hair. She looks beautiful. I took a seat in between her and Mr Evans, who was patiently reading a magazine in between his glances toward his excited son.

I pull out one of Bethan's headphones and push it into my ear, she's listening to another one of her pop songs again but I adhere to it and let her rest her head on my shoulder. I watched as she scrolled through her feed, picture after picture from the various people she follows. "Noah, Noah. Look at me!" Timmy yelps as he pushes himself past us to lap the corner.

"Looking great dude!" I shout back as I watch his legs drag behind him. In reality he had grown out of the the small suitcase, now being a seven year old-  but according to Bethan, he insisted it continue to be his carry on. Mr Evans let out a tired sigh as twists his wrist to inspect the time before picking his magazine back up and continues to read it.

Looking back at the phone I faced my own reflection and instinctively duck my head behind hers as the flash went off on the camera. She lets out a giggle and swings her legs out from the arm rest and sits straight ahead to mock me with the blurry photo she took.

Luck was on my side however, as the gate opened up for our flight before she could laugh anymore at me. I shrug my back pack onto my shoulder and begin to push Bethan's small suitcase into the line and onto the plane.

I took my seat in between Timmy and Bethan for the flight. I quickly find that this was a mistake, they bickered for the window seat and who got the tablet of downloaded films first. This was all before the flight even departed. I look over Timmy's small head at the land of California below as the flight takes off.

Timmy was the first to fall asleep when, according to the map on the screen in front of me, we flew over the final part of Canada. On the other side of me, Bethan read her book. One of her thumbs tugging at her lip and the other hand had the spine broken and the cover folded to the back. I cringed at the sight. "What are you reading?" I ask quietly, attempting to keep Timmy from waking.

Looking up at me with her doe eyes she answers, "A book." She unfolds it briefly and pats it on the fold out table in front of her. "Perhaps you should try it sometime, might help your grades." She teases, pulling at the drawstring on her WSHS lacrosse hoodie. I gave it to her after she kept stealing the old green one I gave her the night after Mitchell's party. She wore it out and for months at a time, I contemplated giving her a new one. But she ended up taking one herself, claiming her 'body temperature' couldn't face the extremity of the Californian weather - during the summer.

"Haha, very funny." I say, grabbing her hands in mine before she could tease me again. Instead, she pecks me on the cheek and closes her eyes straight after, and pretends to fall asleep. I shuffle through the bag I have resting under my feet and pull out some of my semester's set reading. Flicking through them rather aimlessly, it doesn't take me long to fall asleep either.