19 Mighty bond for the Heart

I have been on cloud nine ever since that Wednesday. Akala ko noong una nagalit si Daddy at Mommy, but then I remembered he did tell me he wasn't opposed na maging kami ni Jaxx. At tinawanan ko sya.

I was so happy pero at the same time, gusto kong sakalin sarili ko!

Ano ba naman kasing katangahan tong pinasok ko?! Kung sasagutin ko lang naman pala sya e di sana nung January ko pa ginawa, hindi iyong isang linggong pag-ibig lang!

Jaxx picked me up Sunday morning and we heard the 11 AM mass that my family usually attended. Kinakabahan siya when I walked in on him sin the  sala.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"I don't know. It's just that, it's the first time we'll hear mass together as, you know, you and I."

"Magsisimba lang tayo, hindi tayo ikakasal!" I hit his arm playfully as he stood up. He didn't even flinch.

"And I'm afraid of your mom."

"Well isn't it your lucky day, Mr. Jackson? Wala sina Mom and Dad, they left for the States yesterday. Birthday ni Addie." I walked past him and he let out a big sigh of relief.

We had lunch at one of the American restaurants Chino's parents owned, after which we decided na uwi na lang kami after mag take out ng coffee. We were both still tired from playing at Camachile Sky last night and all I wanted to do was lounge around and watch a good show.

We settled sa entertainment room nila Jaxx. Jaxx sat at the far end of the couch and I made myself comfortable stretching out in the rest of it and resting my head on his lap. He was channel surfing and we ended up watching reruns of "Would I Lie To You". He has a knack for English talk shows, sit coms, and series. I guess that's why his humor is dry and silly.

His right hand rested on the side of my waist and I covered it with mine, interlacing our fingers. Tahimik lang kaming nanunood and after a while, I knew he wasn't paying attention anymore kasi hindi na sya tumatawa. I turned my head to look at him. Sensing my movement, he looked back at me and smiled.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. Are you?"

"Yeah. Just thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing important." He smiled gently and ruffled my hair with his other hand. He rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand and looked back at the screen. Whatever he was thinking, I knew it was important otherwise he would not be staring blankly at the TV. He was usually a smooth talker but this time his eyes gave him away.

And because awkward naman na kami, I decided to make the most of the situation and bring up the dreaded topic: LDR.

"Jaxx, do you think we can do this?" I asked.