2

Zelda was now resting in the bed of what was left of her room, there was more light from the sun because a wall in the bedroom was one of the destroyed sections, they cleaned the dirt that was above the furniture to be able to place and cover her using Rhoam's coat.

Urbosa washed the dirt, dust and dried blood from the princess very carefully while Mipha focused on healing the superficial wounds, both of them sitting on the sides of the bed on a couple of armchairs that were barely staying resistant, when the king entered they exchanged glances before he spoke -¿How is she? - He asked firmly but his paternal instinct was visible

-She's just exhausted, there are no serious injuries but she used a lot of her power by days and she didn't rest properly since the start of the calamity- answered Mipha.

Link peeked over behind Rhoam, the expression on the boy's face was drawn in great alertness; Since he became the princess's knight, little by little he showed more emotions.

He had been standing, doing his guard outside that room without even eating or sleeping or sitting while Revali had taken flight to take a look at the castle and the citadel.

Daruk for his part went to find a couple of selective rocks and try to make some rock roast to it, and also helping to raise the improvised camps, Impa went to make sure that Purah and Robbie were safe with the promise that Zelda was in good hands.

Urbosa stood up -Your Highness, none of us have taken a proper rest since the start of the calamity, I think that before making any plans, we should rest, take a good bath and suggest to the troops to do the same- said firmly .

After hearing his late wife's best friend, the king agreed to those words by nodding with his head -Then I'll give the order... Although I suppose that the soldiers are already doing some of that- he said; Before marrying the queen, he was one of the generals with the greatest rank and was even a royal guard, he knew wars and what happened after them.

As he turned back to give the announcement Link bowed before him, his champion's tunic was a mess, the dried blood was sticking to the fabric, his face full of dirt and as a final touch a couple of pronounced dark circles under his eyes -You've done a good job Link, but I think you should rest too- he said while leaving.

-It's true, let me heal your wounds- said the zora approaching to him, Link stepped back and shook his head and started gesturing

I'll be fine, please take care of the princess.

The gerudo crossed her arms in disapproval, at first for some champions it was difficult to decipher what the hylian princess's knight was saying without mentioning the clear difficulty of expressing what he feel due to his stonish expression: The only resource to know at least what he wanted to say was sign language.

Urbosa and Mipha had already studied it by priority to their people; those who learned by force not to be left behind were Daruk and Revali.

For Urbosa, Link was just a kid who was learning to be a man -You should take that comment from the king as an order, we are strong enough to protect the princess in your absence- after she said that, the blond knight lowered his gaze and scratched his neck, feeling ashamed.

Mipha approached once more, this time, letting her heal his wounds.

_____

Revali saw that the monsters had retreated for now; He could see what were remains of the citadel with houses barely standing.

Shops and other places completely destroyed; Soldiers from different regions were helping to lift rubbles, others resting, some of them playing some hylian card games.