He looks at the ground for a few seconds before looking back up and nodding. I brightly smile and give him, catching off guard. "Thanks! Meet me by the shoe cupboards, I shouldn't be too late," I finish as the bell rings, bringing us back to class.

-Flashback Over-

"Hey, Mafuyu!" I slightly shout, shaking the boy out of the trance he seemed to be in. "Ready to walk home?" I ask, probably sounding like a 5-year-old.

"Yeah," he quietly says, sending both of us off on our walk. 

Even though we don't speak to each other, it is a comfortable silence where no one feels like they need to talk. Being able to be in the same area as someone and not feel like anything needs to be said has always been something I consider when I think about the future and potential friends and significant others. Not that I like Mafuyu in that way, but I absolutely love him as a friend, even if conversations can be limited and I don't know that much about him.

We soon stop at a crosswalk and wait for the light to change. Everything is peaceful until I hear "Sato!" being yelled and a black-haired boy speedily walking towards us. I chose to ignore him as I wait for the light to change.

"Uenoyama-kun..." Mafuyu says, acknowledging Uenoyama's presence. "Don't you have work today," he asks, as Uenoyama stops right beside him.

'Oooh...a bad boy. Never thought you had it in you, Uenoyama,' I think will giggling to myself.

"You want to learn how to play the guitar right?" Uenoyama asks Mafuyu, which he replies by nodding his head and saying "yeah." "You're interested in bands, right?" Uenoyama asks, again followed by the nodding of Mafuyu's head. "You can sing, right?" Uenoyama questions, but Mafuyu doesn't respond this time. "You're supposed to say 'yeah' again."

"Mafuyu..." I say, making them both look at me. I point to the green light and begin walking across. As I reach the other side, I wait for a few seconds, wanting to walk with Mafuyu, not ahead of him. Once he crosses, he turns back to Uenoyama and waves goodbye, encouraging me to do the same. Looking at Uenoyama's shocked face, I can tell he's not used to rejection.

'Oh...This prepares you for the real world and when you will undoubtedly be rejected in the future,' I think, making myself laugh out loud, gaining a look of confusion from Mafuyu, as we walk home.

My mind wanders back to the stairwell and how beautifully Mafuyu sang, the tune on repeat through my head. Soon, all I can think about is the song and the way it loops in my head.

'Well, there's only one way to get it out of my head,'

"~La, la, la, la, la. La, la, la, la, la,~" I quietly sing, catching Mafuyu's attention as he looks at me confused. I find that if I sing the song that is stuck in my head, it goes away faster, not that it makes sense to anyone else.

"~La, la, la, la. La, la, la, la, la,~" I continue while sending Mafuyu an apologetic smile. I hear a quiet humming beside me and see Mafuyu beginning to join my spontaneous music session.

"~La, la, la, la. La, la, la, la.~" Singing a bit louder, I begin to catch a few people's attention, making me quiet my voice down again. Even though I quiet down, Mafuyu continues to hum along just as loud.

"~La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la.~" I finish, my cheeks slightly tainted red, embarrassed that I actually decided to sing public. 

'Even though I am the most confident, most secure person in the world, I get stage fright,' I sarcastically think to myself as Mafuyu continues to look at me, a confused expression plastered on his face.

"Sorry, your song got stuck in my head," I explain to him as he nods his head. A few seconds of silence pass before I decide to say something that had been on my mind since the stairwell. "I don't if I feel more confident or more insecure about my singing since I heard your voice," I say, half-joking. He's better than me, which makes me insecure about myself. I know someone will always be better than me, but seeing it for myself makes me self-conscious.

"Why would you feel more insecure?" Mafuyu asks me, making me confused. "I like your singing," he finishes, making a blush appear on my face.

"Y-you do?" I ask, slightly stuttering.

"Yeah," is all Mafuyu says as we approach my building complex.

"This is my place," I say as I begin to remember that I start work on Monday, so I won't be able to go to the band practice. "Mafuyu...I've got work on Monday so I won't be able to attend practice. Do you have any of their numbers so I can tell them?" I ask him, slightly scolding myself for not asking the player's numbers myself.

"I've got an interview on Monday too, so I won't be able to attend either," Mafuyu says while pulling out his phone. "Here's Haruki's number, I don't have the others," he says as I put the phone number into my contacts.

"Do you want me to walk you home from the interview on Monday? I don't mind," I ask, actually wanting to make sure he got the job.

"If you want..." Mafuyu quietly says which I take as a 'yes'.

"Then I will. I bet you'll get the job!" I say before turning and walking into the fenced area in front of the building. "Have a good weekend Mafuyu!" I shout behind me as I hear a quiet "you too," come from Mafuyu's direction, making me smile.

'I hope he gets the job,' I think to myself, not prepared for what would go down on Monday.

I apologize for the short chapter, I mismanaged my time with both my books and now it affects my writing. I promise the next one will be longer and better (that's what she said LOL).

If you guys haven't already, could you maybe check out my Yuukoku No Moriarty X Reader book? I started it yesterday and plan to post the next chapter in an hour or two. I won't advertise for this book again, so if anyone interested could check it out, that would be amazing.

Have a good morning/evening/night,

~Kyra

(1799 Words)