Chapter 4

"Oooh! Look at this one!" Sharise said as she picked out a black silk peplum dress.

"Absolutely not!" I smirked as I took it off her and put it back on the rail.

"B-but it would look so cute with a little belt and some gol-"

I gave her a look that stopped her mid-sentence. She rolled her eyes and groaned as we continued to slowly walk around the store.

"What about this?" She said as she picked out a black leather mini dress.

I cocked my eyebrow and looked at her disapprovingly.

"You're so picky!" She exclaimed.

"Can't I just wear my leather pants and I don't know, like a band shirt or something" I sighed.

We had been out ALL DAY shopping for a new outfit for tonights party and I hated it. I hated the way people would get in my way, I hated the constant picking up of clothes and having Sharise slam them against my body to see if they looked good, I hated how hot the stores would get. It was just awful and I never understood how people found it fun. Usually I'd just run into a store knowing exactly what I wanted and then I'd run back out.

The problem was, I'd seen the type of girls that turned up at their parties and I knew from whispers out on the strip that Tommy was a little hunk that all the girls wanted - I mean, I could see why, but I knew I needed to stand out from the crowd somehow. So, Sharise decided we needed to switch up my style.

I heard Sharise gasp as she stopped, throwing her hands in the air as I bumped into her. She looked like she just saw the latest Gucci handbag or something.

"This! This is your outfit" she said as she picked up a black leather mini skirt and a matching jacket.

"I'm not wearing that" I said as I rolled my eyes and walked off.

"It would look really cute with your new Iron Maiden tee" she hollered across the store.

I squinted my eyes a little as I thought about it.

I turned around and saw Sharise pout and smile a little, which only accentuated her cheek bones. She was holding the clothing hanger up, waving it a little.

She cocked her eyebrow as I walked back towards her. I grabbed the jacket and skirt and walked towards the dressing rooms to try it on.

***

"Holy smokes! Your booty looks amazing!" She said as she pulled my AC/DC tee out a little, trying to style it.

"I look fat!" I sighed as I turned around and looked back at myself in the mirror.

"You don't! Oh my god! Can you please get that bullshit out of your god damn head!" She snapped.

From an early age, I was always called fat by my dad whenever he was drunk and other people would say I was tubby. When I was in school I was always classed as the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend) but Sharise was always the pretty, popular one. She was the one all the boys wanted, meanwhile I'd have people nickname me Pudge up until Star Wars came out and then it changed to Jabba.

I crossed my arms as I looked at myself in the mirror, inspecting every imperfection.

"You look gorgeous! And I'm sure Tommy is gonna think the same" she said as she gave me a hug.

Tommy's POV:
"Look Athena, I know I said you can come but-"

"But what!? Ever since you moved into that place I feel like I never fucking see you dude!" She screeched down the phone.