Chapter 4 - Wishing Well

HI GUYS!

So I'm having a hard time updating recently. One; I'm having some bad writer's block with Red and Gold and my one-shots. Two; I'm trying to go back to college for my bachelor's degree so I'm caught up taking care of a lot of financial stuff.

CAN WE PLEASE DISCUSS PTX WINNING A GRAMMY I'M SO EFFING EMOTIONAL AND PROUD. Also cute story; I found out they won while I was at work and I was showing everyone on my phone and the old lady I work with was convinced that PTX were my friends and started telling customers that my friends won a Grammy. Omg. It was so cute <3

OK ANYWAYYYYY HERE'S CHAPTER 4! 

---

I lightly put my hand over Sticks’s as we stood there over the flashlight. “Don’t drop it…” I whispered. “Just don’t move…”

I kept my eyes fixated on the figure behind him. I shook myself as the fear took over my body; it felt frozen from the inside out.

“What is behind me?!” Sticks panicked and I looked between him and the figure quickly.

Then it was gone.

I took a sharp breath in and held it with my mouth open. My body was unable to do anything except clutch onto Sticks’s hand. “What is it…” His voice was small.

I finally let go and started to catch my breath. “It’s…it’s gone…” I stuttered and put my hand on my chest. “Let’s get the fuck out of here…” I started walking back out of the woods with him following close behind. My eyes were wide open and the adrenaline was coursing through my body. I stopped at the car and turned around quickly as Sticks approached me, his eyes equally as wide. I stared off past him to see the figure at the entrance to the woods in plain sight.

Sticks turned around quickly but he looked confused. “What are you seeing?”

The figure flashed over a few feet over and made me jump. After it lingered for a moment it vanished again. My body felt numb.

“Get in the car…you look like you’re about to pass out.” Sticks opened the passenger’s door and sat me inside. The heat woke me up and I kept my eyes down, urging myself not to look back out the window. He climbed into the driver’s side and I couldn’t fight it anymore. I looked to my right and screamed louder than I ever had before.

---

Usually when I black out I have nightmares or visions. Ghosts find their way into my mind and let me see things that no one else could see. They let me see things that they may have never been able to tell anyone before. I’ve seen people’s deaths but I’ve seen their good times too. I’ve seen the future; some of it wrong but some of it right. All of it was in my head and there was no way of expending it. I was it. The home had installed so much into my brain and it wasn’t done telling me its secrets.

“He’s in shock…” A voice started bringing me out of my thoughts. It was all black, but soon light started filling my vision and I clamped my eyes shut. My head pounded and I threw my head into my hands as a hand rested on my shoulder. “I can watch him for now and then bring him back…yes, I promise you I’ll bring him back. Dammit Claudette, what do you think I’m going to do!?” There was silence and then the sound of Sticks scoffing as he put the phone in his pocket. “Come on, Mitch…you’re okay. Please just get off of there…I can bring you home…back to your boyfriend. Back to your friends.”

My eyes finally opened and I looked around in confusion. There was no light at all even though a flash had made me cover my eyes in pain. I looked forward into the black until my eyes began to adjust and I realized I was in the woods. My hands were on my sides now where I sat and it felt cold and damp where the skin touched the stone. I looked down and my stomach dropped to my knees. I couldn’t see down.