Chapter 19 - Black Magic, Part 1.

THIS IS PART ONE OF THE END GUYSSSSSS

I'm working on Part 2 as we speak!!!! Please read! Tell me what you think so far! PART 2 WILL BE OUT IN A FEW HOURS!

---

I broke down the rest of the wall, little by little with the bat. Everyone behind me stood still. The lights had come back on now as if nothing had happened and everyone downstairs was starting to stir. I listened to the front door open and many people went outside, anxious to get fresh air after being trapped. I reached down and grasped the edge of the book carefully, only tipping it slightly to get rid of the excess dust. I stood up and stared down at it in wonder.

"What is that..." Sticks asked me and I looked over to him.

His face was distraught, covered in sweat. His long hair stuck to his cheeks and forehead in small strands. Roxas was warm as well, his skin glistening under the hall light. He stared at me with relief in his eyes but they trailed warily towards the object in my hand. The Captain stood beside them, his face drained of all color with wide, manic eyes. He stared at me as if I were a monster.

"A book." I said simply. Thirst swept over me and I became slightly dizzy, wobbling slightly from side to side as Roxas came over to help me. He stood me up straight, asking the same old thing you would ask if you thought someone were to pass out. Once he had me upright, I handed back the flashlight and grasped the book. "I need water."

---

The decision was made that everyone had to leave the house as soon as possible. Captain Roderick had dubbed the place unsafe to live in, stating in his report that there was faulty electrical among other things. It was mostly bullshit but it was enough to get them another place to stay for now. Specks could finally leave and Awful's 18th was coming up soon as well. They were both going to be gone once it was all over.

I wondered as I looked at the group in the living room if I was ever going to see any of them again. I didn't know what was going to become of me once this was all said and done either. I could be dead for good for all I knew. I sure wasn't alive now, even though people could see me again. Something inside of me felt like it had died and somehow I was still awake, going through the motions of this battle without any real emotions to keep me sane. I felt like I was slowly slipping little by little. I wasn't sure if I could ever live a normal life after this if I was even given one. Either I died or lived the rest of my life scarred from everything I've seen.

"I want to keep telling you we need to get you somewhere safe." Sticks leaned down in front of me where I was sitting on the couch. Behind him was a sea of people standing up, talking to one another quietly with their belongings by their sides ready to go. I was wrapped in a blanket with a half-empty glass of water in my left hand. The other clutched the blanket tightly shut. "Then I remember how fucked up this all is..." His face was sad and worn from lack of sleep.

"I know," was all I could say. The book was sitting on the table before me, wrapped in paper towels to keep the others from getting too curious. Sticks stood back up and walked back towards Tim and the Captain, speaking in a whisper to them. Everyone was going to be leaving soon. I felt my eyes well with tears as I thought about each of them, everything I shared with them. They became such a big part of my life that in the end, I considered all of them my family.

"Alright, here's the plan!" Sticks yelled out, summoning everyone's attention. "You're all going into Mystic for now. You'll be staying at an old halfway house until it's all over..." He trailed off uncomfortably, unsure of what to say. "Lights and Roxas are the only two allowed to stay behind. The Captain will make sure you get home safe, as well as Claudette. Please say your goodbyes to your housemates now." He hesitated. "They'll be joining you soon enough..."