Chapter Fourty - Five

"Joy Elizabeth! I'm going to count to 5 and if you're not by the front door in that time the tickle monster will attack!" Michael shouts into the house. His foot tapping impatiently on the wooden floor. He chuckles at the small scream of terror that could be heard from one of the rooms at the mention of the tickle Monster.

"Da!!!" The four year old cries, running towards him. Her arms wrap around his leg tightly. "I don't like the tickle monster" she cries. Michael shakes his head and places a hand on Joy's cheek.

"Well, you're here now so he doesn't need to come out does he?" He crouches down in-front of her, buttoning up her coat.

"Where are we going?" She asks, a child full of curiosity. Always.

"We're going to see mummy" Michael smiles, kissing the girls forehead before holding her hand and walking them both out of the door, locking it behind him.

The two of them walk down the cobbled street. Cars zoomed past along with horses pulling carriages. The sun shone high above them, spring was in full bloom and the  blue sky sung of the summer to come.

"I can't wait to see mummy" Joy laughs, skipping along side of Michael. He loved her little laugh, the way her mouth would open so wide that it was pure happiness, and how her eyes squint from where it's such a big grin, just like Liz. "How much longer?" She asks, pulling at his hand.

"Not long" he smiles. As they walk along, Michael remembers the first time he saw Liz. The suit she wore, made her seem like she had so much power. Her gorgeous red hair that was as soft as cotton, and then her red lip. The bold red lip against her all black attire stood out like a sore thumb, but she made it work.  There were so many similarities between Joy and Liz. As already mentioned, the way her eyes squint when she laughs, her blue eyes that were so bright they looked almost clear, and then her red hair. Exactly like her mother.

Michael tried his hardest to ensure that they walk most days. This wasn't just for Joy's benefit but for his own too. She would get some exercise instead of being cooped up in the house it with Polly all day, whilst he got the chance to clear his head. Get a sense of calmness and take his thoughts away from work and the stress of it all.

"Nanny!!!" Joy cries, letting go of Michaels hand and running all of 1 minute before engulfing Polly in a hug. She squeezes her tight and smiles.

"Hey you" Polly crouches down to Joys height, taking her in. "You've grown so big!"

"In all of 2 days aye mum" Michael laughs, joining them. Polly shakes her head and rolls her eyes at Michael, before averting her attention back to Joy.

"Now where are you off too?"

"We're going to visit mummy!" Joy jumps on the spot, getting even more excited than before.

"We'll make sure you say hi from me ok? Bye love" she kisses the little girls forehead, then gets up and gives Michael a hug, kissing his cheek before walking off.

After walking a-bit longer they were finally there.

"I see her da!!!" Joy points ahead, letting go of Michael's hand once more and running on ahead. He jogs to keep up with her.

"Hey mummy!!!! Nanny told me to say she said hi!" Joy sits on the floor infront of her.

Michael stands there watching, smiling, before finally placing a hand on Liz's grave stone.

"Hey Love"

THE END