Untitled Part 5

“Oh no” Alex whispered.   “Nanna what are we gonna do?  Mommy’s falling out of love with Daddy.”   As tears rolled down her face, little Alex was about to turn away from the window, and was thinking of running as far away as possible; she was planning on running back to her Daddy.

Just before she could run off, Mrs. Richards came out, franticly searching for her.   “Sweetheart, there you are” the older woman said as she rushed over to the little girl.   “Please don’t ever run off like that again.   You had me scared to death.”

“I’m sorry” Alex whispered.

Mrs. Richards saw that the girl was crying, and was about to ask why when she spotted John and Angie kissing.    She then knew why.    “Come on dear, let’s go inside and make some cookies.”

Alex shook her head.   “I have to find my Daddy.”

“Angel, did you see your Mommy and John kissing?”   Mrs. Richards asked.   Alex nodded her head.    “Honey, I know you are probably scared right now.   You’re afraid that John will replace your Daddy aren’t you?”   Again Alex nodded.   Mrs. Richards glanced back at the window and then began leading Alex back inside her house.

“Angel, would it make you feel better if you talked to your Daddy on the phone?”   Alex smiled and nodded.   “Alright then, do you know your Daddy’s phone number?”   Alex shook her head.   “I have Uncle Nick’s phone number.”

Mrs. Richards smiled as they walked back into her house.   “Well then let’s call your Uncle Nick.   Maybe he can give us your Daddy’s phone number.”

“Okay” Alex whispered.

Once inside the house, Alex dug that photo of her Mommy and Daddy out of her Hello Kitty purse and handed it to Mrs. Richards.    She spotted her Nanna in a corner of Mrs. Richards living room and stared at her.    Zak’s Grandmother simply nodded at her and then smiled.

Mrs. Richards dialed the phone number on the back of the picture and when Nick answered she told him who she was and that she was babysitting Alex.  Mrs. Richards told Nick about why Alex was upset and how she felt it would be best if Alex could speak to her Father.

Nick then told Mrs. Richards about what happened to Zak in Dallas, and how it somehow effected his memory and that he didn’t remember Angie or Alex yet.   Mrs. Richards handed Alex the phone after Nick explained what had happened.

“Uncle Nick” Alex said sniffling.   

“Hey kido.”

“Uncle Nick, please I need Daddy.”   Alex said as new tears began to form in her eyes.

“Listen sweetheart, your Daddy got sick awhile ago, he’s getting better though.    But how about if I come visit you?”

“Will you bring Uncle Aaron, Uncle Billy or Uncle Jay?”  Alex asked.

“We’ll see okay?”