Words Mean A Lot - Phony!

Start from the beginning

"What do you want?" I asked, causing her to wince slightly.

She opened her mouth to speak, but the blonde-haired boy named Naruto came jumping down, a sign of pure anger written on his face.

"Why...! Why didn't you stop attacking her!" He shouted, baring his teeth at me. His eyes glowing a red.

"Why should I have stopped? The proctor himself stated the fight ended when one of the contestants went unconscious, forfeited...or died." I stated bluntly, crossing my arms as I smirked. "It seems like she di--"

"Shut up!" Naruto cut me off, shouting angrily, running towards me with his fist in the air.

I prepared my sand to attack him, but it seems that it wasn't needed. A Jonin stood infront of me with Naruto's fist in his hand and a book in the other.

"Naruto, stop. You know that attacking an enemy is of no use." He said, blandly. "What do you think Reina would say?"

Suddenly, the Uchiha appeared beside the rest of his team. I smirked at the way they all ran to one another, aiding the other when they were in need of assistance. Only weak fools like them need help from others.

"She would tell him to fight and do what he thought was right." Sasuke stated, glaring over at me, making me smirk.

"Eh...? Well, that may be true, but at the moment pretend Reina wouldn't say a thing like that." The Jonin stated, dragging Naruto and the girl away.

"Hey, Kaka-sensei! Stop, let me at him!" He screamed, flailing his legs and arms around.

I smirked at his futile attempts to attack me. If he really wants to lay a hand on me, he'd be out of his sensei's arms by now. What a fool. As Naruto and the girl were dragged away by their sensei, Sasuke stood back and glared at me with all of his might.

I started making my way to the stairs, enjoying the fact he was right beside them. As I walked past him, my shoulder bumping into his, I spoke a few words and so did he.

"Stay away from her."

I glanced at him from the corner of my eye, "You're in no position to tell me what to do, Uchiha." I spat.

He scowled, "I could say the same, demon!" He seethed, Reina's words coming back to me. You're a monster that just needs some love. It made the word demon sting a little less than it did before.

It was like she believed in me.

"You're one yourself. After all, I did see the way you treated her inside the forest." I stated, thinking back to when I used my third eye to look around.

Sasuke tensed up dramatically from beside me, "I had to do it." He growled, clenching his fists tightly.

I grinned evilly in my mind, but on the outside I kept a straight face. "And I had to do what I did." I stated, thinking back to when I planted my lips upon hers.

He growled even more and swung his fist at me, my sand protecting me as of nothing happened.

"Mark my words, Gaara. If you lay another hand on her, I'll kill you no matter where you stand." He stated.

"No, you see... I'll be the one killing you." I glared, my sand beginning to swirl around me.

"As for Reina, why...she is already in my grasp." I stated, vanishing in thin air.

_________________

Kakashi's View

I dragged Naruto away from that boy named Gaara, the one who beat Reina to a pulp. I was pretty shocked at how fast he managed to defeat her, I did train Reina under my wing for a few years. I expected more out of her.

I sighed behind my mask, slowly getting annoyed by Naruto's continous shouts of protest.

"Kaka-sensei! Put me down, let me show Gaara what I'm made of, dattebayo!" He shouted.

That's it. "Enough!" I shouted, once we were in a somewhat excluded area. The two of them jumped in shock by the sudden rise in my voice. "Don't you understand that starting a fight with someone much higher than yourself isn't a good idea?"

Naruto grumbled under his breath while Sakura merely listened to my words. "If Gaara was able to beat Reina like nothing, do you really think you stand a chance against him?" I asked, running my hand through my tussled hair. "You're no better than she is."

Naruto swung his fist at me, anger eyched on his face. "Why is it that you're treating Reina like she's some toy you can use and toss away?! Obviously Reina tried her best out there to defeat Gaara, but I guess you were too blinded to see her look at you before the fight. Oh, and what did you do? Nothing! You didn't even spare a single glance at your daughter!" He shouted, my eyes widening slowly.

He may be right, but I'm doing what's best for her. She needs to be strong for when she becomes a higher rank and is able to roam the shinobi world freely. As her guardian, this is the best she can ever get.

"I'm doing the best I can as her guardian, Naruto. I only am helping her learn more Justu's so she can be stronger. It's what I'd want." I explained, staring down at him.

"What're you saying now? You don't even consider her your own daughter, but now you're just a... guardian? She calls you her dad dammit, can't you see she cares about you?!" He spat, glaring daggers at me. "Reina doesn't care about strength and power as much as you do, she cares more about the feelings she receiving. The affection and love you're supposed to be giving her! But I can already tell you don't really care about her... You've changed."

Naruto shut his eyes and exhaled deeply, his fists shaking badly. He turned around and began to walk away.

"Where do you think you're going?" I asked.

He looked over his shoulder, "I'm going to comfort her and give her the attention she deserves." He spat, walking quickly. "You don't deserve to be called her dad."

I stood there with my mouth shut, my eyes glued to his back. Well then, I might as well head back to the arena.

"Sakura, we need to--" I started, only to be cut off.

"No, Kaka-sensei. Naruto is right. You haven't been paying attention to Reina at all like you did before. You're getting too power hungry that you're forgetting about the girl who calls you dad." She said, somewhat rudely. "Reina deserves someone who will pay attention to her and show her the love she needs in her life. By now, I would think you're not even her dad, but a simple acquaintance to her."

I scoffed, "It may seem like that, but what you both are saying is completely false." I stated.

She shook her head, pink locks of her hair swaying around. "No, no it's not."

"You're not a good dad, you're nothing but a phony." Sakura said, before walking away, leaving me standing there alone.

I shrugged my shoulders and walked back to the arena, shaking my head as I did. "Kids these days, they over think things and misinterpret things. I'm a real good dad. Strength is all she really needs right now." I said, taking out my book.

"She will be alright."

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□

One, I want to wish a happy birthday to Reina, even if she isn't real. (And to others) She feels like a part of me, just a different side of myself. It's been a full year (or more) since I began to write this Fanfic, and it's getting so old! (More like Reina!) Two, my birthday is tomorrow, is it a coincidence thay Reina's B-day is a day early? I think not. I purposely did it so I would actually remember her B-day.

P.S: Thank you to all of you who showed support in the last A/N. I'm pretty shocked and amazed to see so many of you showing such kind support towards one of my friends on here, seeing that you may not even know her. Haha, she is an amazing girl and I'm glad to see that she accepts me as her friend.

Farewell my readers... Keep quacking and keep on flapping!

Quack!