Chapter 10. 06 January 1902

6 January 1902

“Hello.” Jackie said.

“Oh hello. What date is it?”

“6th of January.”

“Ha Ha. What is the year?”

“1902.”

“Damn. Close but no cigar.”

Jackie giggled, “What does that mean?”

“I don’t know it is just something that you say when you just don’t quite hit the mark you are aiming at. Anyway sorry I took so long to get here. But going to sleep is not an exact science.”

“Doesn’t matter. We knew you would be here today.”

“How did you know that?”

“You told us of course.”

“When?”

“When? Two years ago."

"You know you have come nearly every day for the past two years. Today is the day you gather the news articles.”

“Well, yes. So what did we do over the past two years?” She had passed me some clothes that I was putting on. “These are a bit big. Where did you get them?”

“Well, you had out grown out of my clothes since your growth spurt so I asked Jock for some of his old ones. I was sad to hear about Jock.”

“Hear what?”

“That he died.”

“When? I was only talking to him yesterday.”

“Oh yes that’s right. This time twist really shakes my brain."

"After you did the interview with him. He died peacefully in his sleep that night.”

“Holy. That means he is dying as we speak.” I gasped.

“Hello Tommy.” Mrs. Andrews said as we arrived in the kitchen. "Today’s the big day. We have a lot of things for you to remember.”

“OK now if I have been coming every day or so over the past two years do you already know what we do. And more importantly did it work?”

“Yes, of course. Some things work better than others so we have a very streamlined list of things for you to remember. We have discarded the things that didn’t work and we have a few others to try if you think you can remember them all. But it is important you get the first three right.”