15.0

| CHAPTER FIFTEEN |***

| CHAPTER FIFTEEN |
***

HIT.

His first lie was still vivid in your head. Acting all innocent and fatherly.

"I'm sorry y/n. I wish there was something I could do. Anything."

"But why Dr. L? Why did those villains kill them?"

"They were quirk users. You can never trust them."

"Are they all bad?"

"They are, kid. That's why it's important to get rid of them once and for all."

"Will you get rid of me too? If I develop a quirk?"

"You won't."

"How do you know?"

"I'll make sure of it."

Hit. Hit.

The possibility of ridding yourself of the pain of grief was too tempting to pass up. But how could you have known back then?

"The other kids tell me time will heal this painful ache I have in my chest. That eventually everything will be fine."

"They're lying y/n."

"What do you mean, Dr.?"

"The pain. It will never go away. You just learn to live with it. Like a broken leg that never fully heals. You continue walking on it but always with a limp."

"What if it becomes unbearable?"

"Do you want me to make it go away?"

"I thought you said it always stays? How can you make it go away?"

"Just cut it off."

Kick.

That he never cared about you.

"I'm doing this to help you get stronger, y/n."

"Does that mean I'm weak now, then?"

"You're just nowhere near what you could be. You're different from the rest of them. After these experiments and trainings, y/n will be no more. You will be reborn."

Hit. Hit. Hit.

It was only through false promises.

"I feel like I'm dying, Dr."

"This is a controlled dose of poison. It might feel like you're dying but you will be just fine."

"I don't think I wanna be fine."

"Why is that y/n?"

"I miss them too much. I wanna be with my parents."

"Listen up, kid. I'm always here to take care of you. Nothing bad will happen to you, I'll make sure of it."