1.0

| CHAPTER ONE |***

| CHAPTER ONE |
***

IT WAS ONE OF THOSE RAINY NIGHTS IN TOKYO. Your cape was already drenched in water. You weren't mad about it though. The darkness and heavy rain lowered the visibility range, which only made it easier for you to break into Yami Akuma's mansion.

Yami Akuma was the second biggest drug lord in all of Japan and his crimes did not end there. He was involved in several cases of human trafficking, sex rings, and suspected of murder of four police officers who were investigating one of his warehouses, though the detectives never seem to find sufficient evidence to arrest him. He covers his tracks well.

When the government can't get rid of rats like him, they send you out in the field. Five years ago, heroes would show up to the crime scenes, save civilians, and arrest the culprits.

However, after the great war between the league of villains led by Tomura Shigaraki and top pro-heroes, the government deemed quirks to be too dangerous and almost impossible to control, regardless of how many laws they enforced .

Lucky for them, a villain named Overhaul, had already created capsule shots that once administered, would deactivate the quirk gene and leave the person quirkless. While these shots were mandatory for everyone after the war, there were a few - mostly villains - who got around getting the shots through lobbying and bribery.

Since the pro-heroes faught the great war so bravely, they were exempted of getting these shots. And to be honest, the government wanted to keep them as a back up plan.

Nevertheless, their hero licenses were revoked and just like civilians, use of their quirks were illegal. But one might ask, then who fights the villains and criminals who still have their quirks?

That's where you come into the picture. Before making quirks illegal, government ran a series of experiments under the supervision of Dr. L. They hand picked a few children and trained them to become assassins.

The assassins training program was nothing new. Government had been training assassins with amazing quirks for years now. However, other than a few high ranking officers, no one knew about a secret aspect of these training programs.

They had also picked out ten quirkless children, training them just as hard, in hopes of enabling them to one day defeat someone with a quirk. Any quirk.

Once the children were successfully tested, they were recognized as The Ten, and the government made use of all quirks illegal, leaving the dirty work of getting rid of criminals to The Ten.

Of course there were some vigilante groups around, targeting villains and criminals at night. Most people suspected them to be the ex-pro heroes, still itching to serve justice to wrongdoers. But as long as they didn't run into the assassins or a police officer, government was willing to turn a blind eye to their actions.

After all, they were doing us all a favor. But if detected by a government official or officer, they were not immune to the law which could possibly mean death penalty for them.

Back to you, you were assigned to kill Yami Akuma. In your line of work, you liked to keep the casualties to a minimum, but if his underlings get in the way, you wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on them too.

***

Work in the darkness to serve the light ⚔️