2 ◇ Nightmare

A/N Hello my Imps! I'll make this short today; just letting yall know I'm going to be writing in third person from now on since the constant switch between POVs is confusing. OK ANYWAY ENJOY!! (P.S daang does Oralie's throne look like its straight out of Barbie)

Sophie glanced at the pastures through the window, searching for Silveny in the soft-looking blades of grass. She spotted her peacefully watching the twins while laying beside Greyfell. Sophie reached out telepathically and saw Silveny's head instantly snap up toward her window. "Hey Silveny" "FRIEND BETTER?" Silveny's voice blasted into her head, but after so much time Sophie had gotten used to her loudness and constant energy. "Can you help me sleep tonight?" Silveny immediately responded "HELP SLEEP! HELP SLEEP!" and instantly sent calm waves into Sophie's head.

Sophie scrambled away from the window, but it did nothing. "WAIT NOT YET" the calming waves slowly came to a stop as Sophie rushed to change into her sleeping clothes. As she was changing, she called Flori up to help her clean her bed and was surprised to come out of her closet and see a dust-free bed. "That was fast..." she mumbled to herself. She climbed into her enormous canopy bed while transmitting the ok to Silveny. She once again felt the calming waves seep into her head, and the fog of an un-noticed headache was swept away by the calming breeze. She settled into her cloud-like bed and hugged Ella close as she drifted off to sleep.

✧✧✧

(Sophie's dream)

Everyone was in the cafeteria, eating the celebratory mallowmelt. This was the first year in a while that every single student had passed. Sophie slowly tuned out of her friends' conversation, smiling subconsciously as she watched Keefe say something to their group then everyone bursting into laughter. Then she felt it. A small vibration, almost unnoticeable. But she felt it anyway. Her eyebrows furrowed together in concentration as she stood up suddenly. Everyone turned to her as she glanced around at their confused faces. "Did anyone else feel that?" she whispered, barely audible over the noise of the cafeteria. She felt it again, but a little stronger this time and quite a few of her friends nodded quickly at the feeling. They all got up and rushed down the halls towards the main entrance.

Sophie was gazing up at the sky, with a shocked and fearful face. Everyone saw that and copied her actions, only to see fireballs start to rain down from the sky. "Oh my god..." Biana whispered. Sophie looked at the ground, her eyes darting around in concentration and she tried to come up with a plan. She suddenly looked at her friends, doing a quick glance around before saying "Biana and Marella go tell Leto what's happening. Dex and Fitz try to get everyone in the cafeteria to leap home. Tam, Linh, Keefe and Maruca stay here and help me" Everyone nodded at their tasks and rushed off to do what they were told. "Ok, Linh call as much water from the lake as you can and make a force field around the main building, Maruca can you enforce it with one of your force fields underneath. Keefe and Tam help them. Everyone nodded in determination before setting to work. Keefe glanced back at Sophie before whispering "What are you going to do Foster?" concern laced into every word. "I'm hailing Alden to tell the council what's happening" "Ok, let me know the plan afterwards" She nodded in response then quickly hailed Alden.

"Hey what happened" Keefe asked as Sophie jogged back Maruca and Linh. "The council is sending back up soon, Linh and Maruca how you guys holding up?" Linh let out a light grunt "good for now but I don't know how much longer I can keep this up" she said with a strained voice. "Ok try to keep it up for as long as possible but if you guys need to rest, go inside" they nodded with their eyes squeezed shut tight. Sophie started to turn away, hoping she can come up with a decent plan to save everyone. A small plan was forming in her mind but they would need Dex. She gasped as she remembered Dex and Fitz. "How's it going" she transmitted to Fitz "uuuuhhhh not that great..." he responded, sounded genuinely stressed, "ill be there in a sec" she sprinted into the school, only stopping to tell Keefe where she was going.

As she stepped into the cafeteria out of breath, she couldn't think. There was noise everywhere. Crying, screaming, running. The cafeteria was in complete chaos. She spotted Keefe and Dex trying to shout to everyone while standing on a table. She ran over to them, having to push her way through the crowd. She finally reached them and climbed onto the table. "WHAT HAPPENED?" she screamed, hoping they would hear her over all the panic. "I DONT EVEN KNOW!! WE TOLD THEM THAT IT WAS RAINING FIREBALLS AND BEFORE WE COU-" the sound of glass breaking and a loud crash stunned everyone, and the cafeteria when silent. Everyone stared in shock as they saw a large fireball in the middle of the cafeteria.

The ceiling had been crashed right through and the fire was starting to spread, lighting tables on fire as it starved for more. "Oh my god why did they have to put the cafeteria on the top floor..." Sophie mumbled to herself. (A/N I can't remember where the cafeteria is at Foxfire but let's just go with the top floor since it works with the story) At that moment a loud voice boomed through the speakers as Leto ordered everyone to evacuate the school and leap home. Almost everyone was pulling out their home crystals and leaping, and the rest were running as fast as they could to the school's leapmaster.

Sophie looked up once again at the broken ceiling and didn't see a force field. "Oh no..." she whispered and once again ran for the exit with Fitz and Dex following closely behind. She got back finding Linh and Maruca sitting on the floor with their backs to the walls, looking like they were about to pass out. Biana and Marella also seemed to be back and were comforting the girls to the best of their ability. "Guys we need to get outside, the cafeteria is on fire" Sophie announced in a panic. Tam picked up Linh and Marella and Biana helped Maruca stand up and walk outside. "Everyone hold hands" she said as they formed a circle. She nodded at Keefe and Fitz, and were launched up into the sky. Once high enough, Sophie again nodded they starting to plummet towards the ground. Shoving the buzzing mental energy out of her mind, Sophie split the ground open, revealing the void. She imagined Heavenfield and they all landed softly on the grass. "Keefe get Grady and Edaline" Sophie ordered before sprinting towards the cliff and hoping no one would catch up. She heard screams of protest but kept going. She jumped off the cliff and teleported back to foxfire.

Sophie looked around in a panic, hoping she wasn't too late. Finally looking up at the main building, it was ash and melted glass and burning wood. She gasped and covered her mouth, collapsing to the ground on her knees as she watched the council's back up struggle to put out the flames. At some point, the fireballs had stopped but both the towers were also now on fire and burning down. The flames lit the grass on fire and slowly licked their way towards her, Sophie only noticed them when she started feeling the heat of the flames. Silently wishing that she had enough strength to levitate, she rose into the air taking way longer than Keefe or Fitz do but still making it high enough. Once there she dropped towards the now flame-covered grass and split the sky open, launching herself into the void.

A/N Hello my Imps! So sorry for the *cough* extremely *cough* long wait. BUT WE MOVING!!!!! and very soon. So I will be a little busy for the next few months. Hope you are enjoying the story so far! BAIIIII!

-Taari

-1372 words-