1 ◇ Sunset

◇ Keefe's POV ◇

Keefe walked into Sophies room, trying to be as quiet as possible. He was surprised Sandor had let him in. he knew that if Sandor had asked him to go talk to Sophie, then she must really be down. She was standing by the window, gazing out at the pastures. The yellow-orange sunset complimented her blonde hair, making her glow like a flame. All her school stuff was piled at her desk, looking untouched, and her bed was as clean as ever with a decent layer of dust. She hadn't slept in a while. Keefe knew she wasn't doing well, but the fact that SANDOR, of all people, had hailed him? He knew it was worse than he thought. He started to walk up to Sophie, making sure he was undetectable.

◇ Sophies POV ◇

The yellow-orange sunset made Sophie want to tear down the sky. It reminded her far too much of fire. She stood there staring out the window at Wynn and Luna, so peaceful, so calm, so oblivious to the evil in this world. It had been a week since Foxfire had burned down. No one was hurt but everyone was shaken-up. The council still hadn't said anything about it, likely too scared to say anything. "cowards" she thought. "BOO" someone grabbed her from behind, startling her so hard she almost fell over, but instead she found herself being caught by Keefe, and her heart skipped a beat.

◇ Keefe's POV ◇

Her little yelp was the cutest thing ever, and the way the panic in her eyes completely disappeared after she saw who scared her. "You really are adorable when you're scared, you know that foster?" he whispered, looking down into her eyes, she was still frozen from when she fell into his arms. She shoved him away hoping he didn't feel what she was feeling, but Keefe felt it anyway. She was... hollow, he felt nothing, no happiness, or anger, or sadness, not even annoyance. And Sophie knew it, tears welled up in her eyes, her grip loosened, and she would have collapsed if Keefe hadn't caught her... again. But instead of teasing her, he simply hugged her. As tight, and as comforting, as he possibly could.

◇ Sophies POV ◇

"Shhhhhhh, Iv got you foster, you're ok" he whispered. Sophie broke down sobbing in the crook of his kneck, feeling so much from this one hug. She was overwhelmed with emotion. It was what she needed, and had been for a while. She just didn't know who she needed it from. She just didn't want to admit it. "I'm sorry..." she whispered, the words blurred by Keefe's tunic, "I'm acting so childish, no one else is crying, and-" He cut her off "Foster, no one thinks you're being childish, and even if people do-" he rethought what he was going to say, "Sophie, the people who love you most don't care one bit, we know what you have been through, and we are always here to support you. I'm always here to support you." He whispered in her ear. She didn't know how to respond, but the fact that he called her by her first name... "You called me Sophie.." she didn't know how to react. Should she be worried? Happy? Oddly fluttery like she was? He nodded. She met his eyes, and her breath caught. "My favourite colour is gold you know" She giggled at his random statement. "There's that laugh I love" he smiled, not a smirk, a smile. He looked out the window behind her, probably noticing how low the sun had set. "Ask Glitterbutt to help you sleep tonight, I'll be back tomorrow, okay?" he said with a soft voice. Words had left her, all she could manage was a small nod. He walked out of her room. Right before disappearing into the hallway, he looked back at her, studying her with an intensity that made her blush softly. He smiled warmly then disappeared out of view.

A/N Hello my little Imps! So sorry iv been switching POVs but its the only way I can think of to try and get the effect I'm going for. But anyway will probably be updating soon. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! BAIIIIII!!

-Taari

-716 words-