Chapter 9.

Marshall POV

"I swear I've never seen a girl eat so much"  we were talking about what we had eaten and when I realized what I had said I regretted it, shit..you don't say that to a girl "I didn't mean it that way, I meant that.."  I was about to give an explanation when she interrupted me laughing.

"Marshall, chill..I know I eat a lot, I'm not going to sit around and pretend I'm the kind of person who orders salad"  she smiled at me "besides did you see that burger? It was the best I've ever eaten and then the chocolate cake, God."

I quickly smiled and my hand went in search of hers, I didn't know why but I liked doing this with her, walking hand in hand. "Shit, I thought I already fucked everything up with my comment"  I saw her laughing  "I know girls don't like to be told that."

"It's ok, besides you did the same thing, you devoured your burger and stole my fries"  she said in an accusing tone "feel special because I only allow that to my mom."  I felt her thumb caress my hand. "Where are we going? My house is the other way"  she raised an eyebrow.

"Wow, I feel really special" I smiled jokingly and at her question I got a little nervous "well, I thought maybe we could spend some more time together"  shit...was I blushing?  "Only if you want or if you have plans I can take you home then".

"It's ok, I don't have anything to do"  she smiled at me and continued with the little caresses on my hand that I liked too much.

We kept walking as she asked where we were going but I wanted to surprise her, it was the first time I was taking someone there so I just told her it was surprise.
As we arrived I could see how her face was one of amazement as she took in the great view of Detroit.

"Wow, Marshall this is amazing"  she smiled excited "I didn't know this place existed".

"I don't think many people know, always is this alone" I mumbled sitting down on the floor and she sit down next to me "I always come here when I want to write"

"Someday will you show me some of your rhymes?"  she asked me as she was now the one reaching for my hand and I of course didn't refuse.

"Maybe, someday" I smiled bringing our hands to her leg. "So, we spent the whole meal talking about my family..what happened to yours? I don't think it's just you and your mom"  I really had told her everything, I never used to do it with anyone, but she gave me so much reassurance and more because she didn't judge, even when I told her about my mom being an addict.

"Well, my grandparents..my mom's parents we only see them at Christmas" she made a little grimace "mom doesn't have the best relationship with them, they are so different and now they are in Texas so we are even further apart" she sighed "and my dad sometimes calls me, he has his life and sometimes forgets he had a daughter at 16" when she told me about her dad I noticed how her voice sounded kind of sad..I also grew up without my dad present and it affected me but I didn't feel sadness, I felt anger.

"It's his loss" I said quite sure "you're a really dope chick Rory, surely your mom is happy to have you all to herself."

"Yours is missing out too" she said out of nowhere "you're a great guy" she smiled squeezing my hand and then her gaze returned to the incredible view in front of us "I don't understand how there are parents who can abandon their children"  she shook her head "one thing I can swear to you is that I will never leave my children nor will I be with someone who does, I would never be like my father's girlfriend who pushed us even further apart".