Saying that, he followed closely beside her and went on to lecture her: "You tell me, you a girl alone, how could you not have anyone follow you when you came out? What are you going to do if you meet with danger and gets abducted away? Our family only has you as our lone precious bundle. If you get kidnapped, where are we then going to find you?"

"You're not going back?" Feng Jiu asked, looking at her Grandfather with a strange look in her gaze, her heart feeling rather perplexed. That's just great. What is she going to do with him now?

Old Patriarch Feng looked smilingly at her and said disarmingly: "Are you going to stroll around some more? Grandfather will accompany you, and protect you at the same time. Might as well, your Grandfather has just come out after months of seclusion and I don't want to go back so soon."

He then patted the wine gourd hanging on his hip and said: "And I still have not finished the wine yet!"

Looking at the main doors of the Feng Residence and then turning to look at the old man beside her, she then sighed soundlessly as she led the old man away.

-Inside the Feng Residence-

Feng Xiao who had been chatting with Murong Yi Xuan had upon hearing the steward's report immediately jumped to his feet and shouted in a deep voice: "What? All of you didn't even realize that the Old Patriarch had come out of seclusion! ? And you can't find him anywhere inside and outside of the Feng Residence?"

The steward hung his head, not daring to meet Feng Xiao's eyes and said: "Yes. That's right. Your old servant has already sent the guards to go out and search but there hasn't been any news yet."

"He must have sneaked out in search of wine again!"

Feng Xiao looked at Murong Yi Xuan and said in a slightly worried voice: "The Old Patriarch is missing and I need to go look for him. Qing Ge has been hiding inside her room since she came back and I will need to trouble you to help me go take a look at her."

"Uncle Xiao, do you need me to send my men to help search as well?" Murong Yi Xuan stood up to ask.

"That wouldn't be needed. We have enough men here and I guess he will be in one of the wine shops within the city. We will be able to handle it on our own."

Upon saying that, Feng Xiao did not wait for a reply from Murong Yi Xuan but had quickly strode outside and he hollered in a booming voice: "Get the Feng Guards assigned to guard the Old Patriarch to come here before me!"

CHAPTER 123: First Words on Betrothal Annulment

Seeing Feng Xiao stride off with wide steps, Murong Yi Xuan stood in his spot a moment before he walked further into the house to come to Feng Qing Ge's courtyard.

The two maids in waiting there immediately bent their knees in greeting when they saw Murong Yi Xuan and addressed him: "Lord Third Prince."

"You're both dismissed." He remained standing within the courtyard, and indicated to the two maids for them to recuse themselves.

The two maids exchanged a glance with each other and nodded their acknowledgement to Murong Yi Xuan as they curtsied and walked outside.

Feng Qing Ge was inside her room when she heard Murong Yi Xuan's voice outside, and her heart became more aggrieved the more she thought about it.

"Qing Ge, I have something I need to talk to you about." He stood in front of the door, and did not go in.

The room door opened with a creak and Feng Qing Ge stood behind it with a rather annoyed expression on her face as she asked: "What do you want to say? Are you going to tell me that you did not mean to intentionally stand back and watch me get slapped by someone? Or are you telling me that your heart has been moved by that pretty girl that had her face veiled?"