Part 4

It seemed like Lando wanted to answer something, but no words came out of his mouth, only sobs. Within a few seconds, hot tears were streaming down his face and his whole body was shaking.

"Shh Lando, hey it's okay!" George tried to calm his friend down but he was at a slight loss for words at that moment.

Had Lando really just told him, that he was jealous of their relationship because he was in love with him? Had he interpreted his words the right way?

George's silence seemed to stir Lando even more, because his sobs got out of control pretty rapidly now, breathing getting harder and harder with every try.

Acting on instinct, the older one quickly closed the distance between them and wrapped his arms around Lando's trembling body.

Lando wanted to fight it and get away but he simply couldn't. His body didn't obey his thoughts anymore.
So he just melted into George's arms, tightly gripping the back of his shirt and broke down completely.

"I've got you. It's gonna be alright, just breathe with me, okay?"
George tried to calm his friend down, softly rubbing up and down his back with one hand, while firmly holding him in place with the other.

"I...I'm so s-sorry!" Lando managed to blurt out when he had calmed down a little, now hiccuping slightly from all the crying.

"There's nothing you have to be sorry about, Lando! We're sorry for not telling you sooner, that was wrong. It's okay for you to feel left out because of that. But I promise that Alex and my relationship will not change anything, okay? We're all still gonna be friends, you won't be the third wheel." George loosened his grip a little, so he could look at Lando's tear-stained face.

"No, you don't understand. I'm don't feel left out because I think your relationship is changing our friendship." Lando sniffled and took a deep breath.

"I hate myself because you two being in a relationship with each other made me realize that I'm in love."

He looked down to avoid George's gaze and took another breath to calm himself down before he continued.

"I'm in love with both of you. And seeing you kiss each other did things to my heart that I've never felt before. I felt betrayed and jealous and I was so confused. I had all of these weird emotions inside me and didn't know what that meant. So I talked to Carlos. And he helped me find out, that I wasn't just jealous of Alex, or you. When he made me imagine myself in that situation again, I didn't want to simply replace one of you. I wanted to be there with both of you. Be kissed by both of you. And be part of your relationship. Imagining that made me feel better than ever before. But I know this will never happen, so I tried to avoid you both and hoped those feeling would just go away again and you wouldn't find out. I'm sorry, please don't hate me."

The McLaren driver shut his eyes and expected George to let go of him now. He thought George would be disgusted and freaked out by his confession and push him away. Maybe even punch him in the face before leaving.

But George did none of those things. Instead, he put his fingers under Lando's chin und gently pushed it upwards so he could look at him again.

"Are you sure?" His voice was nothing but a whisper and Lando just nodded.

"We could never hate you, Lando. Not even in a million years.", he smiled softly and pulled him into a tight hug again.

"I think now is the perfect time for you to find out, how Alex and I got together."
Lando looked at his friend with wide eyes at those words. "But I-"

"No, please just listen, okay?" George sharply interrupted him but still smiled. Lando gulped and nodded.

"Alex and I both realized we're gay and came out to each other back when we were still in Formula 2. And we pretty quickly found out that our gay awakenings had been triggered by the same guy. We both had a massive crush on him, but we knew he was straight, so it was hopeless for both of us. Sometimes we even wondered if he was asexual or something like that because he had never been in a relationship and he was completely oblivious to our pining. So we bonded over that. Our unrequited love for this cute guy. And while talking and sharing our thoughts about him, we slowly but surely fell in love with each other. We stopped talking about our love for the guy a while ago, but we both never really got over him. I tried to and I'm sure, Alex did as well, but I can tell he also still has feelings by the way he looks at him. And I can't blame him. Every time I look at him, I feel the exact same way I do when I look at Alex. I love them both."

While he had been talking, George had taken Lando's hand into his. At the same time, tears had formed in his friend's eyes again.

"Can you guess who that guy is?"