Chapter 36 [Lock in room]

I groaned in annoyance and my mind suddenly went to the small talk we had before. My skin turned red as I felt my face and ears burning hot with embarrassment. I took a deep breathe and decided on to avoid him and his ungrateful presence.

"Mr. Bradford!" The person infront of me acknowledged his presence with his nervous smile. Then, as if cherry on top of bittergourd cake, my mind reminded me his words.

He gets aroused by listening someone call him Mr.Bradford

Oh my sweet Jesus! Is he bisexual?

I mean, I have no problem with it but does he get arou- I cut my thoughts short by shaking my head. Why was I even thinking about something which doesn't matter in my life?! Get your shit together, Caitlyn and focus on your mission! Focus on how to get those papers back from him without letting him know.

"Richard. What are you doing with my wife?" He spoke in his unpleasant and ice toned voice while narrowing his eyes. His assistant swallowed hard as he saw his hardened looking at him like he was his prey.

"W‐We w-e-were just talking, Mr. Bradford. Just talking about business." He stuttered badly while repeating his words as to try to convince my husband that he was really talking business.

My eyes widened as I saw him forwarding his steps in our direction whilst not removing his gaze from Richard. He stood beside me and put his arm on my waist without any effort. I bit my lip in annoyance to stop myself from removing his hand away from me.

"I have a proposal for you, Richard. Do you want to hear me?" My eyebrows squinted in thoughts whereas Richard gulped audibly.

"Ye-Yes, sir."

"Have a seat first. I can't be hostile to my guest now, can I?" He humored while snorting at the end. But to me and his assistant, it seemed more of a threat and order coming from him.

Richard nodded fearfully as he walked to couch in the line and situated himself after Mr. Bradford. Mr. Bradford raised his eyebrow at me as I kept standing. I didn't want to sit with him. I eyed him to remove his hand from hand to which his lips quirked up.

I shrieked loudly and my eyes widened due to fear as he put of nowhere pulled my towards him. I flushed as I landed on his lap with my legs on his right side.

"What are you doing, Mr. Bradford? Please, let me go." I pleaded as my eyes filled with tear due to anger cascading through my body. I was helpless. I couldn't even help myself.

"Shh.., not a word, now." He whispered lowly while burying his face in my neck. My struggles stopped as his warm breathe fell upon my skin making me shiver to the core.

"I'm not comfortable, Mr. Bradford. I request you, please leave me." I begged as my discomfortness increased making me breathe heavily.

But he did not gave heed to my words.

"If you don't stop right now, I will kiss you. And that too hard, Caitlyn." He threatened while reverting his gaze back at the Richard who was looking uncomfortable. I calmed my nerves and started taking breathe through my nose.

I pitied Richard as he squirmed in his seat nervously when Mr. Bradford stared at him quietly.

"The proposal is, I have thought to increase your salary.." Mr. Bradford started in his gruff voice whereas Richard's eyes lit with happiness but a moment later his happiness doomed and he looked at Mr. Bradford with his squinted eyes in suspicion and doubt.

"Er... Thank you for your kindness, sir."

"Ah, first listen to me completely." Mr. Bradford tsked in his highly amused voice. What was he planning?