Chapter 36 [Lock in room]

Start from the beginning

"Yes?"

"But in return, I want you married within next one month. The choice is totally yours." He shrugged his shoulder while leaning back in his seat and played with my hair making me hiss in annoyance. I was probably looking like a slut with where I was sitting.

There was a thick silence in between us. The loud music in party seemed to be so low out of sudden. I could feel what Richard was. Because, this person did the same with me. Forced into marriage. Richard suddenly coughed hard as sweat glistened on his face and neck under the dim red light.

He gulped and shook his head,

"I'm sorry, Mr. Bradford but I don't want to marry yet. I haven't even thought of that."

"That is what I was concerned about. You are just of the age to marry. You have three choices but at the end one thing will remain same." Mr. Bradford spoke darkly while looking into Richard's blue eyes intimidately.

"W‐What c-ch-choices, Mr. Bradford?" He stumbled over his words badly as he kept on fidgeting his fingers in nervousness.

Would I be devil just like my husband, if I say that I was liking this?

I mean, I was forced into marrying him. And he, Richard, did not understand my feeling when I asked him to stop calling me by Mrs. Bradford. Now that he tasted a taste of my lovely husband's mood swings, he would know how it feels to be forced. Life commitment.

"First, you find yourself a girl and marry her. Second, either I find you a girl and you marry her without creating any problem. And you get your raise in salary."

"A-And the third one, Mr. Bradford?" He asked quietly in a timid voice.

"Third one is quite a bit interesting.," he stopped mid sentence as he gauged Richard's reaction. He continued, "If you deny to marry on your will, then, you loose your raise. Plus, I will beat you till your hands and legs get fractured. I will deduct your salary for the medical leave too and then I will make you marry a girl of my choice. Decide wisely."

My lips parted on their accord after listening to him. He was a psycho. I looked at Richard who looked troubled. It looked like someone had taken his beating heart out of his chest and kept in his hands. Poor, poor Richard.

"S-Sir, I will resign from my post tomorrow." Richard spoke as his eyes showed determination and fear. I shook my head inwardly upon the fate of Richard. Mine was no better.

"Do you think so? Go and resign. Oh, and make sure to pay your next five years salary because I do not approve your resignation." Mr. Bradford mused while his face had a smug look. He turned to see my face and smirked.

"Shall we go, wife?" He asked but it was never a question. It was a statement which he wanted me to follow. Fucking nugget.

♤■■■♤

"I'm so happy to finally meet you again, Mrs. King." Catherine exclaimed happily while taking my mom in a hug. They both seemed to be very happy.

Here, we all were standing and chatting. Both our families seemed too happy to meet each other. I sighed in relief that atleast Mr. Bradford was not here among us otherwise the warm atmosphere would have turned dark and cold.

"Caitlyn, can we talk for a minute, please?" My eyes drifted to Cyen who just came with my father and his father too. I gulped as I remembered what happened the last time we had met. He had insulted me.

"I'll later." I spoke as I offered him a fake smile. I could not help but regret speaking those words that instant as I saw his face falling. He nodded still and smiled a bit for other's sake.