My mother didn't care, it was obvious really, but just for a moment, I thought she would be right by my side other than looking for dresses.

I didn't want it.

I didn't want to be queen if it meant I had to abide by my parents' rules.

" Claude, Your mother — did leave a note for you I suppose you should read it," Mary announces as she hands me a letter.

I smile and nod.

I opened the letter and what it said shocked me I couldn't believe it.

To my dearest daughter,

If you are reading this, then you have finally awoken from a deep, yet hurtful sleep. You blacked out and passed out on the floor if no one had already told you. The housekeeper was assigned to take great care of you. Hopefully, you are better now and your father has some news for you, so you better go speak to him as soon as you can and don't be a little brat and refuse. I'll be finding a dress for you in the meantime.

Truly yours, Laura Bardot
your mother ~

I still gaze at the letter in shock that she did not give two shits about me and demanded that I go speak to my father whilst she's picking out dresses.

Pathetic.

She is by no means a mother of mine.

I truly cared about her yes, she was all types of things, but a mother figure she was not.

" Claude." a deep voice had uttered my name. He was standing in front of my door as he had his hands behind his back.

My father signals Mary to excite the room, but before she does she looks at me caressing my cheek then leaves.

As she passes by my father, him and her stare intensely at one another. He stares at her with disgust on his face, as she firmly walks out.

He makes his way towards me as I sit up straight waiting.

"You look beat... maybe she failed her job" my father had stated. "What do you know, never once in your life had you taken care of me — or have you forgotten?" I speak with credence.

He clears his throat as he adjusts his tie.

" Claude, I've got some news for you," he says clearly with a smile.

"So I've heard — well, spit it out" I utter towards him. He raised his hand making me flinch back.

"You do not speak to me like this in my castle!" He shouts angrily at me. "Y-yes father I-I'm sorry" I mumble.

He walks around my room whilst saying, "You will be attending Hogwarts to finish your year then you be crowned queen." I get up and head towards him.

"Wait but isn't the—" he cuts me off. "Yes, I am aware of your coronation, things will be arranged" he addresses me.

He heads towards my door not before saying words I wished would have never been coming out of his filthy mouth.