Seen how it's done

(Past)

He rested on the steps as you checked off every little thing. The gardens, the residents, old and new. Made sure food was in stock and the staff were well payed. Then what you were known for. Deals, wishes.

Many asked for help in areas of love, money, work or family. Few asked for power. There was one man, quite young who had short brown hair and eyes. "What can I do for you?"

He bowed, "miss (Y/n) I would like my offspring to be healthy and successful for generations to come."

You eyed the young man, "hmm you are asking for a lot. Are you well aware that this could mean your life is shortened more than ten years?"

"Yes I am and I am willing to pay."

"And you won't break this deal you are consenting to?"

"No I will not."

You extended a hand, "take my hand as a physical vow to uphold your end as I will mine."

He took her hand with some hesitation. But he felt the snap of magic pulse in his veins, vanishing as he let go.

"So your name is Gichii?"

"How did you-"

"I get every little detail about you once the contract is made."

"I see."

"Now off you go, I will make the preparations in time."

He bowed again, "thank you."

You sat next to Inuyasha on the step, heaving an exhausted sigh. "I'm so busy all the time!"

Inuyasha threw and caught a pebble inbetween his fingers. "So I haven't seen rivers of blood or any ruthless killing by you. Your deals seem pretty fair."

He heard you scoff. "Is that what their saying about me now? Of course, it'd be those who don't like me because they couldn't accept the terms so clearly stated."

He stopped throwing the pebble, "do you kill people?"

He noticed you turning away, "I don't like it. But it's what I must do as it is the way my creator made me."

"So I guess that's where people get I from then." He said. Then added in, "do you ever want to stop doing this?"

For the first time you actually looked into your clients amber pupils. They were stunning in colour, much like how your flames burnt on a candle. "I..." you stopped yourself short, clearing your throat.

"You certainly ask a lot of questions."

"I'm just a curious guy."

You stood up and extended a hand, he gave you a quizzical expression. "I assume you want to do this quickly and be on your way. I have finished my list for today I can do yours-"

"No thanks." He cut in.

You blinked surprised. "I'm sorry what?"

"No thanks." He repeated.

"But yesterday you were so eager to get it done."

He stood up too, "well that was yesterday, I want to wait a bit."

"But..why?"

He strached his head, "what I've heard about you so far has been big, fat lies. So I want to see the real you, form an opinion of my own on you. See what I'm getting myself into first."

For the second time in your life you were completely astounded. "That means you'll need to stay in the mansion until you want to complete it."

He smiled it seemed forced. "Fine with me, saves me from sleeping in tree's or on the ground. Plus I get free food instead of having to scavenge for it."

"Oh I see. I'm sorry you've had to experience such harsh conditions."

He waved at hand at you. "Save it. I'm fine, a little comfort every now and then never hurt anybody." He walked through the wide, open doors to laze about in his quarters.

You leaned against the stone wall, "what a peculiar boy."